Frozen Shoulder

Posted , 17 users are following.

i have been suffering with frozen shoulder for going on four months now. I am now receiving physio theropy, acupuncture weekly. But I can't sleep. No pain medication works at all. I use a tens machine daily. I can only lift my right arm up sideways about 30 degrees, I cannot reach behind my back and can barely lift to do my hair without being in a lot of pain. Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hiya,ive just joined the forum,relieved to find people suffering the same thing,

i had a frozen shoulder 2years ago,4 cortizone injection hardly much movement in my shoulder for 6 months,

physio exercises on sheet of paper they gave me,but as the movement in my shoulder came back felt so

good and normal again,but over time i would get stiff and tight feeling which i would take pain killers,now the last 6 months just got worse feel so much weaker in my shoulder,when it plays up,it would  effect my neck and my shoulder blade and suddenly get a sharp pain take my breathe away last 30 seconds,struggling with my job now,as my shoulder is frequently pain happening every 2 weeks,my doctor told me to phone the physio direct line,which i know just be sheet of paper with exercises on,any help on what i should do.

• Posted

Maybe we should start some separate threads. One titled Effective/ Ineffective treatments for me.

One Sleep issues with FS

And Pain management for FS.

I have been online researching. I hear so much about what is not working . If we specified in the Titles that we want to only hear what is effective. Maybe we could find some solutions.

What do y'all think?

• Posted

Went to see a Osteopath yesterday,so wished i had made appointment sooner,very helpful and explained what

was going on with the muscles in my shoulder,found out have a slight curved spin too,i think once you start getting

movement back after the frozen stage to see a Osteopath,Chiropractic,to help with the correct exercises to strengthen your shoulder muscles,hope this is helpful

• Posted

Been to pyhsio today and after six weeks of waiting for my appointment and the excruciating pain he doesn't think it's frozen shoulder apparently if it was it would be totally stiff I'd have no movement at all so he's referred me for MRI he thinks it's an injury to my AC JOINT?? I'll keep you all updated xx

• Posted

Claregella, are you sure this was a qualified PT. Firstly if you look at any scientific article you will find that no frozen shoulder loses the last 30 degrees of movement in any of the three measurable ranges. In addition a/c joints cause very little loss of range of movement. I would think any qualified PT would easily diaggnose an A/C joint without a very expensive MRI. let us know more especially the onset of your condition.

All I have written is esily found on the web.

• Posted

Hi Teresa, I have had frozen shoulder on both sides in the last 3 years. My advice would be to tell your GP to refer you to an orthopaedic consultant and ask them to consider doing a shoulder release operation. I had this done as day surgery on both sides and it was like magic! Agonising pain and lack of movement pre-surgery just disappeared. Was a bit sore for a couple of weeks but nothing like frozen shoulder pain. Requires committment to intensive physio for a few weeks post op but is so worth it to have your life back again. Good luck :-) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.