Frozen Shoulder and Tremors

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All, I'm new to this group and so grateful to find others who understand the pain and frustration!  I've never felt anything so excrutiating and long lasting in my life.  I'm 47 yo, and I'm going on 5 months in my left shoulder, and apparently I'm still in the freezing stage because it only continues to get worse.  I'm going to PT, have had 2 cortisone shots, and have tried accupuncture.  PT gives me temporary relief, but I continue to get worse.

My question for you all is, has anyone experienced tremors in their hands or arms as a result of FS?  I have developed intention tremors (like when I go to pick something up), not like Parkinson's, which is resting tremors (although I know there's an association of FS and Parkinson's).    

My doctor thinks I have essential tremors, which does run in my family, but I feel like it's a big coincidence that they came on suddenly, just a month after my FS (doc says it IS a coincidence).  I'm wondering if they could be caused from the inflammation, pain, and weakness from not using my arm and not exercising at all.  But I do have them in both hands and arms, although my left one is worse.  It's almost like I'm constantly jittery like too much caffeine, but I don't drink coffee.

Anyone experience anything like that?  I can't find any connection anywhere online.  Thank you all for your input.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m wondering if anyone here has had issues with Tmj, neck pain, trauma, orthodontia, or spinal issues?  I have dystonia due to bite issues and prior orthodontia and working with an orthodontist. It is improving my bite and some spinal issues but I noticed that after the last visit I developed symptoms of frozen shoulder.  I found this on YouTube https://youtu.be/ds0zxBkrr3E as well as https://biomechanical-dystonia.net, both of which I think were helpful in explaining why I developed this  issue right after an appt that significantly changed my bite and therefore my spine.  I’m doing some cervical and cranial exercises right now until I can make it back in to see the orthodontist which hopefully will resolve this. 

• Posted

Hi there! I just saw your post. I know it’s been a year since you posted It but I still wanted to reply. I too am dealing with FS at the moment and I started having tremors about three weeks ago. Your message stood out to me because it sounds just like my own issues. I’m curious if things are better or have changed. Thanks in advance to your reply.🙂

• Posted

Hi Carla:  not sure why it looks like I posted a year ago, because I was just diagnosed with it in Dec 2017.  I received a cortisone shot at that appointment which was on December 27, 2017. I go back to the doctor this Monday, January 29th.

About 3 days after the shot I got a lot of relief however, the last couple days I’ve noticed it getting worse. It’s gotten to where it hurts to pull up my hands, reach behind me, etc. you know. I started doing exercises I found online but it seems to really hurt afterwards so I must be doing something wrong.

I’m sure the next step will be physical therapy. My friend had it and said it just one day will go away. She felt Therapy was a must and I dislike therapy so much but I can’t imagine living with this much longer. 

Good luck to you with your journey on getting rid of this and if you have anything that helps, please share. 

Call me desperate in Las Vegas😊

• Posted

I'm having this now, Junglerat2. I wanted to check in to see what happened with your frozen shoulder and tremors? I know you posted 4 years ago.

• Posted

Junglerat2 what happened with this? I am having the same issue now...

• Posted

I just got done seeing Neurologist for tremors. No one knows why I am having tremors in my hands and arms. I also have frozen shoulder and didnt know if there was a connection between the two until I googled it. Appearantly there is a connection. Im going to ask my Dr about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.