Frozen Shoulder HELL

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,I am quite a few months into this hell called frozen shoulder and my physio recommended a forum to see if i can get any tips or ideas from anyone else that has been through it.

i started getting pain in December, started physio in Feb, got MRI in March, saw shoulder consultant in April and got first steroid injection.Have another injection booked for May and then consultant said it would be surgery then if injection doesn't work.

i am really struggling with the constant pain and lack of range of movement.putting on a bra trying to put my hair in a ponytail or put on clothes in general have all become major daily trials. the sleep deprivation has me on edge- i reckon i get 3 hours sleep on a good night. no pain meds help and my mood is abismal i just feel miserable.

any thoughts ideas or just letting me know its not just me thats all alone in this hell would be appreciated

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Morning Colin, great advice and support for fellow sufferers as always. I had my xray on Tuesday and see the orthopaedic consultant next Tuesday. Pain wise for me, I'm over the worst, it's range of movement I want to work on now.

What date is your actual op? Are you just an outpatient or will it require hospitalisation?

Its been a huge help to me this group. As we've said before unless you're fighting this FS battle, nobody knows your struggles.

• Edited

sorry this is aimed at Piper, Colin and Jon and you Barbara 💪

• Edited

good sunny morning Michelle

i will be on my way exactly two weeks time thursday 5th may.

surgery is at 3pm. i am an in patient. defo one night. should be home friday pm all going well. then off till mid oct.

something about the special immobiliser held it up. if you watch star trek next generation " i am borg". some prothesis i have to wear 24/7

to be honest i have to hold a pillow to my chest and actively use both shoulders to hold it to stop the hurt. even with 2000 mg and 120 codeine. as jon finds it doesn't stop the ache.

keep us updated as well. i have been looking up things as its what the consultant mentioned " PFFS" with me. was on the operation medical record.

ever herd of " persistent frozen shoulder syndrome." one that will not get better ??.

i will of course try and post from the hospital bed to see if it bets through the vetting system.

from mr lucky

• Edited

and also

the surgeon was adamant about hyaluronic acid injections into the sheath of the tendon.

its not a recognised procedure on the NHS. i am sure he wanted to experiment to see if it worked ???. then down the line operate.

all this from a frozen capsule. remember piper don't go down the dark side

my fellow one shoulder compatriots

c

• Edited

Hi Piper,

I got it in both shoulders! Physical therapy didn't help very much, nor did a steroid injection. What finally worked, was lots of walking at a good speed, up and down hills! I'm no doctor but I've heard that can help, probably because you improve your fitness level and blood circulation to the shoulders. Moving the arms while walking probably helps too. The problems just slowly melted away, with each day better than the one before. Little things I had terrible problems doing, like drying myself off after a shower, became easier and easier. If your health allows it, you'll want to exert yourself when you walk. Good luck!

• Posted

oh no,both shoulders, you have my sympathies- I really don't know how I would cope with 2,as I'm finding the 1 hard enough.Thanks for your tip I'll give it a go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.