Frozen shoulder - night of agony

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been diagnosed with FS last December ..although pain 'started' in September and I didn't take a lot of notice having had major surgery that side (right) thoracotomy to remove a schwannoma from my mediastinum (chest Cavity) operation left me with brachial nerve damage lymphodema and vocal paralysis that side.

I also have recurring bouts of temporal arteritis (same side) and last night the pain was so bad and had travelled into the right side of my neck, my ear and face and eye. To be honest without sounding melodramatic I thought 'this is it' I'm on butrans and temgesic and eventually after 4 hours of hell ..it went back to its awful but not agony state.

after finding this site today I realise that the FS has shifted into my neck and I'm really just posting for any, any kind of advice as tonight approaches and once again I can feel the pain upping the odds. To be honest it's a battle I don't want and I'm not sure I can win.sorry to be a moaning mincub.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's going to be another long night of bloody pain.i can understand people giving up when dealing with this kid nd of relentless nagging pain.i can honestly say I'm getting to the stage where I could cheerfully put my fist through the door just to give my body another pain to deal within the hope that it might make my brain forget my shoulder for a while.

i do t think I can take much more of this. It's absolute torture.

my heart goes out to all of you in the same boat. Total Agony!

• Posted

So sorry Mincub. I can relate. Somedays it's unbearable. Can you take a pain/muscle relaser pill and a bath?  Try soaking a tea towl in the bath and draping it over your shoulder. Sometimes that takes a little of the edge off for me..sometimes...

I do hope you can feel a little better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.