Frustrated!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and new to Orlistat. I started taking it Monday of last week, 29th September. I stayed close to home, lined my undies and balanced out all my food according to my instructions. Absolutely nothing has happened! No weight loss, no inch loss, no accidents. I cannot believe it. Does anyone else have this problem or know why it's not happening for me? I'm so fed up.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Mimi

If you have had no accidents I would say you are doing it right. I am quite new on this too. My first month weigh in I had only lost 5lb but I think some people lose more than others and some of it depends on your starting weight. Don't feel fed up as there are alot of people here to support you smile

• Posted

No accidents is good! Make sure you're obeying the fat rules and hopefully it will stay that way. It does happen differently for everyone but its not magic, you should try calorie counting too, and make sure you're exercising. The parting words from my doctor was intake less, output more, that is the only way to loose weight, the tablets are just an aid to that, and a good way to stick to a strict diet. I hope it gets better for you!
  • Posted

hi

you won't notice anything after a week it i far too early have to give it at least 2/3 weeks

• Posted

Hi I've been on the blues for five weeks and only lost 2 lbs.  I feel really fed up, I,ve stuck to low fat diet and not had the runs, so I'm assuming I'm doing it right.  All I do is yo yo up and down, please help cos I'm desperate and frustrated, particularly when others are reporting big weight loss in first week ect.  I have under active thyroid and on levothyroxine which the instructions say can be problematic, but the GP prescribed them knowing that.  
  • Posted

Hi Nocakeface

I think thats the reason I'm frustrated..everyone seems to be losing pounds. I have an under active thyroid too and am taking Levothyroxine, but I didn't see that that can make it harder to lose. I have only been to the loo 3 times since I started taking these pills but am not bloated or uncomfortable either, so I really don't understand what is happening, or in our case, not happening in our case. 

• Posted

Hi I have researched about levothyroxine.  Zenical stops it from being absorbed, so it will affect your weight cos it will make your metaboblism even slower.  That's why I'm not loosing weight.  I read that you should leave at least 4 hours between the tabs.  I have moved levothyroxine to night time instead of morning, so will see if that makes a difference.  Let me know how you get on and good luck it is so difficult to loose when you have under active thyroid.
    • Posted

Hi, That's very interesting information. Since I wrote last I have had one day when I believed things were beginning to happen and seeing a change in my stools got me sooooo excited. But nothing since. Let's keep trying though, maybe we will get results. X
    • Posted

How are you getting on since your last message, I'm going to weigh myself in the morning, hoping for good news
    • Posted

I seem to be going to the loo most days now, but no more accidents, thank goodness. For me, I think, it just took some time to get started. My body doesn't really know what to expect next its been so badly mistreated for so many years. My official weigh in day is Friday but I have weighed every day so far and tally a loss of 3lbs since I started the tablets which was 3 weeks ago. Good luck for your weigh in and remember any weight loss is good. xx
  • Posted

If it helps to know I have an under active thyroid. I am on levothyroxine. I have been on Orlistat since April and weighed 14stone. I have lost 1.5 stone to date. Without doubt it appears to be harder if you have thyroid problems. I don't take a tab if my meal is very low fat. I know I can't rely on them forever. Exercise is key I think. It has got me down but I keep plodding on in the hope I will loose a little over months rather than weeks 😞
    • Posted

I know what you mean, it's taken me 4 weeks to loose 1.5 lb.  I do admire your spirit...keep going, I'm going to, I just think something will change if I stay with it.  There isn't much else that I can cut out now, breads gone, no fat, no cheese, no processed food ect.  Even cut the booze, just a couple of wines at weekend.  Like you I didn't take a tab if low fat meal, but that didn't work so now take one with each meal regardless and still nothing.  Sorry to go on, but I do get frustrated and upset.  I have diabetes and need to loose weight to feel better.  
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. It so helps to speak to someone that truly understands. Yep I have cut out exactly what you said which I wouldn't mind so much long term if the weight had dropped off me.  I do feel better having lost the 1.5 stone so it's somwrhing positive to hold on to, but for quite a few weeks now lost no more.

Having this site to be in contact with others in the same situation really helps me and I hope it will help you too. Stay strong x

• Posted

Hi, well done on loosing 1.5 stone, that's brilliant.  What was your starting weight if you don't mind me asking.  Mine was 21 stone, I joined slimming world and lost a stone...really slow going compared to others, stupidly i stopped going after a holiday.  Managed to keep that off and lost another half stone or more this year.  I started on the blues about six weeks ago and expected more to happen.  I've hurt my ankle and so I haven't been able to walk very well, which I know isn't helping.  I think I will go back to GP and ask them about the levothyroxine, I take 175 mg a day, will be interested to see what the weight loss is and whether they will prescribe a second lot of blues.  Hope to hear how you are doing soon
    • Posted

Hi, my start weight was just over 14 stone. The 1st month I lost nothing. After this disappointment I started cycling in the evenings and the weight started to shift. Lost a stone and then weight loss stopped again. Carried on and then lost the half stone. Currently not loosing again. I  struggle at moment with thyroid related problems. My whole body seems to have fallen apart at 49 lol. I do hope that you have a quicker success than me. It's frustrating to say the least. Hope your ankle gets better. Will look out for your postings.

Take care and let me know how things r going for you. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.