FSH Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone

I recently had full bloods done and one of the tests done was the FSH.

When i initally went back and got my results the Dr just said all my results were fine apart from the FSH which was high. I did not realise at the time there is a number attached to the reading. Anyhow i finally called in the Docs today and was told my FSH is 94.8 and according to the internet it means im post menopausal!  can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

I do suffer with flushes and everytime i get one im filled with dread sad  i put it down to anxiety. i also have sleep issues and many other minor issues.

To me im suffering bad with meopause but tbh i know i really am lucky compared to most. I keep trying to tell myself that and im sure it helps along with all the vitamins i take.

I wish you all a lovely weekend

Mrs D xx

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi MrsD

welcome to my world 😊

Female:

Before puberty: 0 - 4.0 mIU/ml

During puberty: 0.3 - 10.0 mIU/ml

Women who are still menstruating: 4.7 - 21.5 mIU/ml

After menopause: 25.8 - 134.8 mIU/ml

• Posted

MrsD

I take it you have no periods anymore 

and havent for over a year 

then your post menopause 

jay xx

• Posted

Jay

I had a period in January 2013 then a 2 day one in January 14!

Im hoping that it does mean im post. If not hopefully i will stay period free for 3/4 month smile

Thanks for all your vitamin help Jay xx

• Posted

hi Mrs D

sounds like your on the way..

but you need a one year no periods and ideally FSH 100 or over 

so maybe this will happen soon

jay xx

• Posted

Hi mrs d stay lucky with your symptoms yes the feeling if dread is normal before a hot flush I have dread feeling not quite right or as if I'm going to be sick. Then along comes the flush. Did you ask for a FSH  I've never had one maybe it's worth having it what else does it tell you ? 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

the FSH blood test can be near always negative result of menopause  if women still have periods..

as hormones are erractic up and down, spiking highs etc..

my first one years ago came back normal and doc explained this and said i was in peri menopause ..

years later ( i had a 9-10 year peri ) i had  another FSH test

that said menopause state.. But not post menopause..

some docs say FSH over 100 is post menopause .. ( on average ) 

With one year no periods is post menopause ..

accurate FSH tend only to show accurate results when periods decline to approx 2-3 a year approx..

and after one year no periods

jay xx  

• Posted

Hi Liz

No i did not ask i went to my Dr due to the symptoms i was having and she just ran full blood tests.

I dont feel sick im just filled with dread and want to cry sad

Do you still have periods??

Jay is good with all her knowledge. smile

xx

• Posted

hi MrsD

i had my last period last sept 2013 

like you thats when my anxiety kicked in and tears 

just the same after my last period 

the 150mg B6 took my anxiety away.. Worked well for me ..

I still get tearful sometimes MrsD .. On occassion..and more sensitive some times 

ours symptoms are so similar ..

i don't feel sick either i only felt sick while still having peri periods and always a week before one and a blasting headache

the last two periods were the worst for feeling sick and migraines like never before lasting days and nights

jayxx 

• Posted

No mrs d not had periods since hysterectomy eleven years ago when I look back now periods a blessing this is a curse !! 
    • Posted

Jay

I take the B6 & B12 now thanks for the advice.

I suffer with what i believe is a frozen shoulder and achey joints but i just try to forget about them.

I can cope with the issues i have i just pray they do not get any worse!

MrsD xx

• Posted

Liz

FSH info... 

FSH is secreted from the anterior pituitary gland. It functions in the regulation of the human reproductive system. The hormone is responsible for regulating the production of estrogen and progesterone within the ovaries. FSH, along with estrogen and inhibin (produced in the ovaries), are crucial for regulating a women’s menstrual cycle.

Men require FSH for proper development of the gonads and sperm production. Other hormones that work in tandem with FSH in the reproductive system are luteinizing hormone (LH), human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH).

The Purpose of the FSH Level Test

An FSH level test uses human serum taken from a blood sample to measure the body’s level of FSH.

In women, the most common reasons for an FSH level test include:

assessing infertility problems 

assessing irregular menstrual cycles  

diagnosing disorders of the pituitary gland or diseases involving the ovaries

• Posted

Liz

It may be worthwhile going to your Dr and asking for a FSH test done. Im no expert in fact in know very little.

Do you suffer badly? xx

• Posted

Hi Mrd d I think we all do in one way or another I have the soreness and dryness of the vagina ( such joy) plus the hot sweats and vulvadynia so a hat trick all in all . 
    • Posted

hi MrsD

yes me too, had aches and stiffness etc..

still do on occasion ..

again the B6 helped no end..

your right there, dont dwell and try and carry on and just cope.

have a smile and enjoy life ..

the menopause just happens whether we like it or not

we just find out own ways to make the symptoms easier.

when we know thats why we feel the way we do ( menopause )  .. We seem to find that more reassuring and carry on 😏

take care MrsD 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi jay thanks for info on FSH gosh you are a mine of brilliant info. X 
    • Posted

I think Liz said she had a hysterectomy ... 

so FSH blood wont work for ovary store of FSH levels 

( Follicle Stimulating Hormone ) 

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.