FSH Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone

I recently had full bloods done and one of the tests done was the FSH.

When i initally went back and got my results the Dr just said all my results were fine apart from the FSH which was high. I did not realise at the time there is a number attached to the reading. Anyhow i finally called in the Docs today and was told my FSH is 94.8 and according to the internet it means im post menopausal!  can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

I do suffer with flushes and everytime i get one im filled with dread sad  i put it down to anxiety. i also have sleep issues and many other minor issues.

To me im suffering bad with meopause but tbh i know i really am lucky compared to most. I keep trying to tell myself that and im sure it helps along with all the vitamins i take.

I wish you all a lovely weekend

Mrs D xx

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi mrsd,

I had my hormone levels checked in March this year after not having a period for 6 months, my FSH was 111.  I was told by the practise nurse I was halfway to being post menopause and by the doctor that I might still pop another egg, well the doctor was right and May this year I had 4 days of light spotting instead of a period and again in July.  I have just passed 2 months without a period or spotting and have just spent the most horrific 2 days of anxiety and depression I have had since earlier this year, seems the longer I go without anything the worse the symptoms are.  I thought I had the anxiety under control but looks like it was only under control as I was still ovulating at random times which was enough to keep me on a even keel...Though I guess a positive is that I have got myself out of it alot quicker than previosu times...biggrin

Wishing you a wonderful weekend

Jo xx

• Posted

Jo

Oh no!  I feel for you i really do! i have not had a period or any signs of one since January im just keeping my fingers crossed that it continues this way.

I have had a up and down few days with  the anxiety it is horrible. I am just trying to keep busy i dont know about you but its when im relaxing watching tv or something that i feel worse. sad  My mind just starts to wander and fills with dread. Its usually a flush that kicks it off. If i have a flush whilst im busy out and about i can cope i just fan myself or something and its over & i dont really feel too bad!

Its not helping my bank balance much either as i keep going shopping to occupy myself haha!  

I hope you continue to be period free and you feel better soon my dear.

Hope you have had and still are having a lovely weekend smile 

Mrs D xx

• Posted

Hi jo

my last two periods before post menopause where the worst ..

felt soooo sick before them, headaches .. Etc 

even got symptoms and no periods.. I use to find every six weeks anxiety kicked in and tears for a few days ( no periods) 

it gets better hun... Keep positve ..

jay xx

it does pass .. 

• Posted

Hi mrsD 

i can relate the bank balance 

costs a fortune on all these supplements 😥

worth it though when it helps 😃

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

Oh on Jay its shopping for me, new clothes, shoes, makeup and handbags. Oh well i stopped smoking nearly 3 years ago and have saved money everyweek and i thought it was about time to treat myself smile 

Hope you are well

Mrs D xx

• Posted

Hi Mrs D

me too i stopped smoking just over a year ago.. 😊

i dont drink either ... 

Glad I dont drink as it makes flushes worse and i had a gut full of those this summer here in the heat ..

Oh yes .. Have to treat yourself 😃 

i thought you meant all the supplements 😊😊

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

How do you feel now you have stopped? I sometimes wonder if i would have less aggitation if i still smoked but the health and financial benefit stop me starting again.

I dont drink unless i am on holiday and i this year i have not been away sad

Its pretty cold in the UK today so i am very jealous of your warm climate smile 

MrsD xx

• Posted

Hi MrsD

well last janusry 2014 i had a smear with a useless most awful doctor here, 

long story.... Basically here in spain when u have any tests you get a copy of your results ... He emailed me back in jan 2014 with results and said all okay, no cancer etc... I just kept the result on the email and never thought anymore . ( trusted him even though he was awful) 

i went to him as i felt very anxious and unwell, runs / upset stomach every day etc

Anyway it continued i still felt weird below thought i had thrush etc treated it .. It never got better the dryness pain was getting me down.

anyway a month ago i went to a Gyno and had the lot checked ..

had colposcopy they look at cells, and a smear of three areas, he said i looked very dry vaginal atrophy, said no bad signs on cells, then i had a vaginal camera that shows ovaries and uterus all was fine, uterine wall thinning was 4mm and menopause confirmed as ovaries non functioning and no follicles .. And a 4D breast scan ..

saw it all on the screens..

anyway he sent me my smear result and told me i had thrush and bacterial Vaginosis ( Cytolytic vaginosis) 

and sorted me with three days of vaginal antibiotics followed by three days of vaginal thrush treatment .. 

Also i had then developed a  UTI..

My last results from the useless doc in Jan 2014 also said i had Bacterial Vaginosis, so i was untreated for over 10 months and it took hold of me..

so hopefully now its all sorted i hope to know better now how i actually feel with no infections ...

today .. I restarted the ovestin estriol vaginal cream for future dryness .

estriol the most gentle oestrogen.. I dont want HRT patch or oral, just a tiny bit of this one once a week at half measure for abit of help ..

i will say that now its been treated my upset stomach has gone .. 

so i didnt have a good start 

jay xx

• Posted

Oh Jay

you have had a horrible few months i am so glad you have finally got it

sorted. smile

Reading how you have suffered makes me feel so darn lucky and i really am thankful even though i moan like hell at home.

Hopefully you will continue to do well now.

You really should be proud of yourself too, to go through all that and giving up smoking is amazing. I am sure i would have been reaching for that pack of 20 again.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday smile 

Mrs D xx

• Posted

hi MrsD

ar thank you.

i am still postive .. Even after a 9 - 10 year peri menopause ..

i am still only 50 and all done .. So lots to be grateful for ..

feel quite liberated 😊

the first doc was a prat but thats not my fault so done my best..

no no I will never have another ciggy ever ..

minds made up... said i would stop at 50 but did it a year earlier..

lucky as not put weight on and only weigh  125lb so happy with that too..

have a lovely sunday

keep postive and smile about it as its a great tonic 😊

' not as good as a new pair of shoes  tonic ' hehehehe

jay xx

• Posted

Hi mrsd,

Awww thanks but I'll be right (I hope)...

I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed that you continue to make it to the other side of this nightmare without any mishaps ... cheesygrin

Sorry that you are suffering the dreaded anxiety, its a bummer isnt it and I find that I may have a trigger for the anxiety, then I overthink and think the worse then kaboom.  Last weeks was that I made the big mistake of weighing myself, found I have lost more weight in the last month or so and that was it, all the thoughts I thought I had got rid of came back, as in I have something terminal, although I have been told over and over by the doctor and a nutrionist that its natural that I will loose cause I cant eat too much to keep it on but it seems at times my rational brain gets hyjacked by hormones, lol.

You are right if we keep ourselves as busy as we can, our minds dont wander so much, wow hope you dont get too many hot flushes then, poor you.

Haha this anxiety is not helping our bank balance either, we have started renovating the house again to try to get my mind of this but I think retail therapy at times would be more fun biggrin

Thank you so much for your wishes and I sure hope that I get through the next 10 months period free and yes I feel alot better today.

Thanks my weekend was ok considering, lol and I hope you had a fab one...

Stay well

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

Thanks so much for your words of comfort, yes I think I am finding that I can get a little anxious about every 6-8 weeks but have controlled it pretty well for the last 3 or 4 months until last Thursday.

Yes I am back to being positive and I figure that we are all going to have blips of some sort through this, I have to learn not to be so hard on myself if the anxiety creeps back in occasionally.

Thanks again and hope you are having a great day cool

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Jo

Thank you so much for your kind wishes.... here sending the same good wishes back to you...smile

OMG we sound so alike. Do you feel so silly when you are on good day at all your silly thoughts, i have the same with weight i think omg why have i lost a few pounds then i look at what i have eaten and the answer is there.

The flushes and bad thoughts pass pretty quick and i am thankful for that.

im now 50 and i sometimes think about how long i have left etc... i know its stupid but i can't help it. That's why i try to busy myself with shopping etc smile

I was speaking to a little old lady last week she was 74 and she said she still suffers from flushes :o shoot me now lol

Renovating the house sounds like fun smile i would love to move to the country and set up a little dog sanctuary....just need to win a few quid on the lottery smile

My weekend was ok and i am now couting down the days to Friday smile

Hope you are having a good week!

Mrs D xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.