Full blown anxiety/ panic attack.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have never had these before. Last night out of the blue, my heart started to pound. It did that for about an hour. I became concerned a little as to why it wouldn't stop, then out of the blue it sped up so fast and hard. Bp went sky high and at one point the heart rate was so fast, the bp machine couldn't detect the bp. Heart rate on phone app detected 238 once and the rest of the readings were 160. Pretty scary time. Once I got a bp it was 201/ 118. I of course took a xanax and the bp pill as it was about 3 hours from being time to take it, layed down and about an hour later normal again. Bp 128/78 and heart rate 69. Crazy stuff!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had this happen to me out of the blue, wham full panic, I can't blame fluctuating hormones as I had my ovaries out last year but I suppose sugical menopause can cause severe symptoms, strange though as it took six months for the panic to come on!

• Posted

I just wanted to reply as this is what ive been doing for a few months now and I'm going through the change, my heart will race flip flop out of the blue I can't go outside in the heat it will race. My bp will shoot up at times too for no reason and I'm on a bp med how long does these crazy symptoms take to calm down cause it's made my anxiety 100 times worse and different then I've ever dealt with. These symptoms is by far scary then any of the others I don't like my bp and hr messed with too scary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.