Fusing lichen sclerosis

Posted , 11 users are following.

there is another forum here about this topic but i cannot post bc it is locked. it was about methods used to reverse labia fusing. Is there anyone that can explain to me these three things and how to do it:

using coconut oil

dilating

and bicarbonate of soda baths

i really appreciate any help thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

From a New Zealand dermatology site:

What treatment is available for labial adhesions?

Treatment depends on the cause of the fusion. It does not always require specific treatment.

Intravaginal oestrogen cream, most often prescribed after menopause

Manual division by gently stretching the two sides until they separate

Topical corticosteroids to control inflammation

Regularly stretching the opening using fingers, vaginal dilators or regular sexual intercourse

Surgery to remove scar tissue (Fenton procedure)

Surgery to bring out uninvolved vaginal tissue to the skin surface (perineoplasty)

Anyone try this stretching technique with your fingers?

• Posted

you can use vaginal dilators they work well you basically have to keep up sexual activity or use a dilator to keep the vagina open its work, but if you do you can have a normal life ,, after i have sex it seems like it heals my vagina meaning my vagina feels normal acts normal its crazy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.