Fuzzy head with mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all this is my first time on a forum smile

just wondered if anyone has a fuzzy head and giddy spells while taking mirtazapine .

i have been taking 15 mg for a few years which seemed to keep my symtoms at bay,recently felt more depressed so the doc suggested a 30 mg dose this is my fourth week and I have a fuzzy head ,headaches,nausea,and giddy spells sad(

anyone else have these side effects ?

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I'm on 15mg 

I have all the same side effects that you have

I'm speaking to my doctor tomorrow 

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone

Will let you know what doctor says

Marie

• Posted

Thanks for the reply just glad to know I'm not imagining these side effects
    • Posted

hi spoke to doc he has said increase tablets to 30mg and see how that goes so from tonight i will try that and let you know
  • Posted

Sue, I am on 15 mg of mirt. I was originally prescribed by my consultant 30 mg and I realised that I couldn't function the next day if I was on the full dosage. Now, I take 15 mg primarily because I told my consultant that 30 mg wouldn't do. You say that he "suggested", so you might try reduing the dosage - telling him if you wish.

I was on quetiapine as well until recenty. When I came off it I realised that the effect of that was like being on an anaesthetic.

• Posted

hi suepaul, i had all the side effects so tapered off them now :-) i use to get awfull headaches and went dizzy often i was on 15mg then 30mg thats when i felt worse, hope this helps. julie
    • Posted

Do you still take mitz now Julie it's just last time I spoke to doctor he said that he wanted me to increase to 30mg saying you have less side effects

I'm not taking my tablet tonight can't take it anymore feeling like this seeing doctor tomorrow wondering what else I can take

• Posted

hi mb5244. 

hello not ive off them now! phew i tapered down from 30mg to 20mg in 4 days then 15mg for 2 days felt awfull...doctor gave me sertline ..i then didnt take a mirtz again yayyy! and been great ..ask your doctor about sertline there u will have no side effects off mirtz then :-) when thats my experience and feel tons better :-) 

• Posted

Thanks for your quick reply Julie ,I am reducing it back to 15 mg tonight 

as I'm sure it's the increase that's making me feel worse,but it's comforting 

to know that these are true side effects not just something I'm imagining 

• Posted

You mean:

Hello I'm off mirtazapine now. Phew, I tapered down from 30mg to 20mg in 4 days. Then took 15mg for 2 days and felt awful. So the doctor gave me sertline. I didn't take mirtazapine again. yayyy! It has been great. Ask your doctor to prescribe sertline. You will have no mirtazapine side effects then, because you won't have to take it anymore. Well that has been my experience and I feel much better :-)   

• Posted

glad they have worked for you rikkiduino! but i think people understand what i written!! 
  • Posted

Yes I was giddy for a few days while adjusting to 15mg. Recently tried 30 mg and felt fantastic. No fuzzyness , just contentment and relief....  :-)
    • Posted

How long before you changed to 30 I've been taking 15 for 11 days now and have had giddy head etc everyday
  • Posted

if that makes sence ;-) 
    • Posted

That is one useful side effect of mirtazapine.... I actually feel bothered to go and do things like comment in forums :-)   

Though the warm , cosy & mellow feeling is ever present too.

This website has described mirtazapine (aka remeron) as a cannabiss equivalent......

http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Remeron

• Posted

and just for the record these people are suffering on mirtz, good that they have worked for you!! but they dont work for everyone...take care
    • Posted

Agreed . I need to take powerful chemotherapy drugs to keep me above ground, so am keenly aware of the fears and concerns others may have about medications.

It is always good to re-assure others who are just starting to walk the road of strong medication use. Some have done this for me on other forums, so hey,  pay it forward 8->   

Literally, what doesn't kill me will make me better. 

• Posted

fine! but id rather u didnt repeat what i have written im sure these suffers understood my point! take care and have a restfull evening..julie
    • Posted

Hi. Have stopped taking Mirt for insmnia because i was getting restless legs in bed at night.,  It just wasnt worth it. Anyoine else have the same problem.
    • Posted

hi vivien, 

I never encounted restless legs. but im sure someone could relate to this, julie

• Posted

I wish they made me feel like that. Didnt even get agood nights sleep on them.  Have now given up and have just received some Melatonin tablets through the post. Will give them a try and hope for a decent kip.  You cant buy them here but i send of for them from america. Will let you all know how i get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.