Fuzzy head with mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all this is my first time on a forum smile

just wondered if anyone has a fuzzy head and giddy spells while taking mirtazapine .

i have been taking 15 mg for a few years which seemed to keep my symtoms at bay,recently felt more depressed so the doc suggested a 30 mg dose this is my fourth week and I have a fuzzy head ,headaches,nausea,and giddy spells sad(

anyone else have these side effects ?

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I have been taking Mirtazapine 30mg for the past 7 weeks and I would like to ask you to explain 'fuzzy in the head' to me if you would. I feel like I have a vice on my head with pressure and a fullness in my ears and my Dr doesnt think it is medication related. I also feel an imbalance. No nausea but I am wondering if I am having headaches causing these symptoms related to the Mirtazapine?

• Posted

hi i have tapered off mirtz.. i experienced the same things on mirtz
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your comment julie1111. Did you feel the vice like symptom and fullness in ears or as my doctor says he has never heard of this and Ive been told Im having tension headaches which is causing these feelings. It just seems too co-incidental and the feeling is there all day. Really frustrating. Its comforting to hear other people share their experiences.

• Posted

hi sue , i use to suffer with terrible headaches and when tapered off a bit of ear ache hun
  • Posted

I had my first tablet on Thursday night and slept most of yesterday, all night and still have brain fog. That is the only tablet I will take. I suffer from anxiety and this medication is not for me. I shall contact my Dr.

• Posted

Hi, I took Mirtazapine on Thursday evening and haven't stopped sleeping since then! Total brain fog and will never ever take another one. Relieved I'm not imagining these awful reactions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.