Fybogel

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anybody else get pain when they take fybogel it is happening all the time now I only take one sachet a day.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I take fybergel on a morning I never thought my pain could be caused by it.  I think it might be more about diet. I get pain if I eat certain things.  But I am going to keep an eye on it 
    • Posted

I will let you know how I get on Susan it may be I need more water with it. I take mine after food now so took mine after my lunch.  I used to take it at bed time but read that you shouldn't do that I used to notice that I got a bit of pain at night when I took it at bedtime so thinking it is connected.

• Posted

Hi Chris. If you feel its not helping maybe go to your docs and ask for some tablet form ? Hope that helps. Take care

• Posted

Thanks Carpy I will do it certainly helps with softening my stools and I will try drinking more water.  The  gp did prescribe cosmocol which I found ok but fybogel is a natural fibre so thought I would try it
  • Posted

Hi

I havent had fybogel but I take cosmocol , prescribed by the doctor. It does work and I don't have pain from that , well I don't think so anyway.

I have pain most days but I think it's because I may not be eating enough as I scared 😬.

Another person told me to take a suppository to have a good clear out , sorry to be so graphic . I'm going to give that a go incase the pain is due to something being stuck ...let's see😣😱

• Posted

That's the problem Dawnie its not knowing how things are going inside our colon. I will drink more water so the fybogel is more concentrated and see how I get on I personally wouldn't try suppositories but everyone is different. It would be nice to be able to take the preparation medication that is given before a colonoscopy say every 6 months as that does clear you out.

• Posted

Yes Christine ! That stuff they gave me was great . Too late for the suppository, I have done it already ...it shift something !

I am seeing the consultant in December again . People on here talk about flare-ups , antibiotics ect . I haven't been on anti biotics ,not sure I have a flare up , it's every day with the pain . I take Buscopan and paracetomol. I suppose one day I will get the hang of all this x

• Posted

I have had really hard deep cramp pain in lower stomach below navel with mucous and blood for the last several days  . My last infection with DD was Jan 2017 . Has anyone had another infection like 10 months later! Did you have blood and mucous with it and hard pain off and on all day and night ? I just started Bactri m antibiotic this morning . Please reply ASAP if you will I feel afraid and pain cramp is hard to take , git very little sleep 😴  please let me know with the  flares do you get the bloody mucous and bright red blood on toliet paper ?  Please share with me I’m in bed in pain and the other symptoms I shared . 

• Posted

I have read on here that people do get blood and mucus in there stool I personally haven't but I had a flare in January and then another one about 2 months later I have IBS so I have a lot of pain when I eat the wrong food   I hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Susan was your diverticulitis confirmed in Jan by a ct scan? What all symptoms do you get with your diverticulitis?
    • Posted

I didn’t mean it seeps out all the time , it’s there when I wipe  like 4 times today ,  not running non stop didn’t mean that . But when I wipe with out with out vowel movement some is on toilet paper . Can someone else that gets the bleeding and mucous explain  yours and how long ?
    • Posted

I get blood and mucus .  Lots of mucus . It's disgusting ! I hate it. I've had 7 infections since April.  Everything I eat seems to be a problem.  I take the 2 antibiotics prescribed . Follow the 'no food' rule for a week etc .  Feel better , then the infection comes back!  I know that there's a medical term for this but I can't remember what it is!  Recently GP prescribed Buscapan and Diazipan which helped avlot with the cramps.  You might want to try them? 

• Posted

Are you in the U.K. I only ask because we treat DD a lot different to the US. I think you have to be really bad before the NHS will do surgery but they seam to do it a lot in the US. If you are getting so many infections I would ask your DR to get you an appointment with a consultant   Have you kept a food diary? I keep one so if I have a problem I can see what I have eaten that might have started me off   I hope you get sorted soon and your infections clear up 
  • Posted

I get pain in my back also I thought mine was front  bladder or kidney infection but they tell me no ...so I started on a sulfate antibiotics and I was with no pain there I ate nuts now I’m bad again 
    • Posted

Tammy, have they ran the proper test to see you  actually have  Diverticulitis ?  Does anyone else get naseated and get stomach cramps on and off while on antibiotics? Has anyone tried the Bone Chicken Broth?

The ones that get the blood and mucous how many  days during a flare do you have it, and have you had it NOT during a flare?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.