GA

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have had success controlling my GA with Tea Tree Oil mixed w Calendula Gel..applying multiple times a day..I have GA on my hand after an injury,it has a mind of its own/hates hot water/red to purple

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ironically, I just started using tea tree oil too. I will try it with the calendula gel. How long have you been using this combo? About what percentage improvement have you seen? Thanks.
    • Posted

I use TTOil w/Calendula gel for 6 mo ...4-5 a day, I mix and keep vials in both cars, purse,& up & down stairs,in my pocket ..so it's always available. It has helped me heal quicker

• Posted

I have been using a balm on my spots for awhile that conatins calendula oil. I feel that is has helped some as well! I'll try anything!!
  • Posted

I've been using this TTOil and Calendula for 6 mo...It controls the perimeters as it heals..I've kept GA from expanding. If a nastly outbreak I use this plus 'Silver Gel"(cvs) to protect from elements..I do Pottery,GA does not like glaze or clay..but Hates Heat!! Mine itches does yours??
    • Posted

Mine has never itched, and I have had it on both hands since at least 2011. 
    • Posted

How often does yours appear? Mine gives me a short break and comes bac.

its on the top of my hand but has tried to go between my fingers, up my wrist, down the soft tissue of my thumb..sometimes making deep holes like a bad burn..I often use Silver Gel to cure and protect while healing

• Posted

Mine has been apparent for years, it never goes away it only fades a bit as it has done this summer. I think it is related to a Vitamin D deficiency. With the summer and sun, it seems to fade some. At least it has not spread any further this summer. I have never heard of GA causing holes in the skin. Have you actually had your issue diagnosed as GA?
    • Posted

Yes it has bee diagnosed..the holes were when I had an extreme breakout

And I was using a  harsh lotion, but I do get raw weeping  sores toward the end of an outbreak.  I have had a few people tell me to try Manuka honey, sold at health food stores..they also have bandades w it...I do have Vit D deficiency

• Posted

Rosalie, what you are having does not sound at all like what I have.  Mine was diagnosed by a dermatologist about 30 years ago, and there was no cure back then either.  And I had been told to not expose the lesions to the sun because the inner part of the lesions had much thinner skin.   If I was you, I would see a dermatologist and get a second opinion.  Mine never goes away, except, like I said, the chemo nearly got rid of it all.  I'm afraid that it will all come back again, however.
    • Posted

did you have a biopsy done? This doesn't sound like GA as it usually doesn't go away and come back. It did go away completely during both of my pregnancys and came back after I stopped nursing. I'm just curious to knwo if you had a biopsy done.
    • Posted

Yes I have had it confirmed by several Dr's and cultured...it came on after I had fallen down 5 steps and appeared about a month later! I have met 2 people now that their GA occurred after injuries!  Who knows, it seems an enigma ...it doesn't go away, it gives me break on its nasty outbreak, my hand right now looks like a  bad burn it's so red..it leaves a red mark and moves to another area in the same vicinity
    • Posted

Yes, Rosalee, I remember the redness that is so much like a serious burrn.  I seem to remember somebody saying that trauma might make it go away, but that doesn't make sense, so maybe what I heard is that trauma possibly brought it on.  Very frustrating.
  • Posted

Sorry to read that you have GA.  I had it on both hands, arms, legs, face and neck.  One of my doctors tried treating the ones on my hand with steroid injections, but it was too painful, so we quit.  But mine mostly disappeared when I had chemo treatments for cancer.  But I had it for about 30 years.  Yes, it has a mind of its own.
    • Posted

Thank U, how did you manage? I used Steriod creme but it's made my skin tissue thin so the injections are off the table.

having to have Chemo is a bad way to get relief, do take care of yourself!

• Posted

thank you rosalee for your input. i really appreciate everyone's input. everything is helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.