Gabapentin side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I’ve been on Gabapentin for about 4 to 6 weeks now for a burning sensation in my right arm and right thigh. Now I’m experiencing burning sensations across the back of my shoulders, on my legs and calf’s. I also have heat waves for time to time.

Has anyone else had burning sensations in these areas and hot flashes from take Gabapentin?

I’m not sure if it’s helping or hurting.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I got this like crazy the entire time during and weeks after taking gaba, where the outside skin was cold but the inside felt extremely hot in big patches across my chest and limbs.

Nothing fully helped, I forget the name but I know lots of people here gave me a couple good suggestions, it's a chore to keep up with but does seem to help to a degree.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Thank you for your response. Honestly, felt like I was losing my mind over this.  I’m taking about 900mg per day and I just think it might be making everything worse.
    • Posted

How much of this was you on and how long did the side affects last , and what was your program for weaning of this crazy garbage
    • Posted

I’m still taking the stuff. 600mg 3x daily.

I just started noticing all these burning sensations taking place on my legs, arms and shoulders. I even feel it on the back of my hands. I don’t get it? 

• Posted

Yes these are the feelings you will have from the gab I’ve been on it for 14 yrs and I’m trying to get off of it by the end of this month and I’m walking down my dosage from 1200 mg a day about a week ago I’m down to 500 mg daily , I’m really glad  I have 100mg caps I take 300 mg in the morning and 200 mg later at night and I’m doing pretty good so far this morning I got up at 8 am and I felt really jittery so I took 300 mg and I felt better after about 10 mins and now it 8 pm and I took 200 mg and starting to feel better if all goes right I’ll be off the devil drug for good in a couple of weeks I hope as I’ll keep all my friends updated, with god willing I will beat this terribley bad habit.i just want my life back to make clear desisions before I leave this earth as I have always wanted to be off any and all drugs , I got 2 left to go and hopefully by summer I will beat doing moriphine 2x daily 50mg and oxycodine 5 mg 3 x a day down to 1 time a day now , but now I’m going to continue with 1 oxycodine a day for 1 month and 2 x daily 50 mg morphine and next month I’ll cut my moriphine down to 40 mg if I can handle it can anyone let me know if this is smart? Always open to suggestions
    • Posted

Ron, thanks Brother. I agree with you 100% Lord willing you and I both will get off all meds and get our health and lives back. I’m praying for you.
    • Posted

Thank you I sure could use that prayer, i really love these forums because I can relate with people having the same problems just like me as I would really like to talk to you on the phone let me know
    • Posted

Hey Ron,  what’s your number and then I’ll shoot you a text.
    • Posted

Hey Todd I’m down to 200 mg of gab in the morning and 200 mg at night , for me this is a great accomplishment as this is the lowest amount I’ve ever been on and it starting to feel so much better tomorrow morning I’ll take 100 mg and 200 mg tomorrow night  wow!!!! I’m really impressed I didnt think this would go this quick it make me feel hot in the morning but cold chills but when I took those 200 mg of gab in the morning the feeling went away in about 10 mins an I was ok, I really can’t wait till this nightmare is over with the gab, I ordered a book called drug mugger I think this book is going to have good information I can’t wait to get it maybe tomorrow it tells how drugs robs your body of all kinds of nutrition, go figure right
    • Posted

Hey Ron, that is Awesome news!!!! I'm glad to hear that you're lowering your dose and will hopefully be off of it here really soon.

I've only been on it for about 6 weeks or so, but starting today I'm gonna start lowering my dose back down to 300mg 2x daily. Honestly, I think it makes the burning worse?! Before I started taking it I only had burning sensations in my right forearm and right thigh. Now, both thighs, the back of my angles, the back of my hands and neck and shoulders burn. Do you experience the same thing? 

I emailed my doctor yesterday sharing my concerns about gabapentin with him. I should here back today. I'll keep you posted.

Have a Great Day!  

• Posted

Yes it was doing this to me also and freezing all the time no matter what. As I have been checking my temp 5 times daily and averaging around 96.3 to 97.6 never over this for last 2 years
    • Posted

Hi Ron, thanks for your help once again I appreciate it.  I heard back from my doctor and I’m already started reducing my dosage. Hopefully I’ll be off the gab by next week.

Hey brother I hope you’re doing well and feeling good.

• Posted

Thank you bro , I go see the dr this morning to get more lab work as my dr and nurses all tried to get ahold of me yesterday and they had my old phone number , when I called in they said we have been trying to get ahold of me I said what is going on and the told me I had lots of high levels that they needed more test for my hormone level I’m scared to death but I’m headed in now
    • Posted

I’m praying for you Ron. Let me know when you hear something. 
    • Posted

I only took 100 mg of gabapentin today I’m so happy it is almost over , it has been h———. Tomorrow I’m not taking any but in 2 days I’ll take 1 100 mg cap and in 3 days after that I’ll take 1 again then I’m done
    • Posted

Wow that’s great Ron! By the way, how did your doctors appointment going the other day?

• Posted

This gabapentin is much harder too kick than anything I have tried to do it has had me stuck on 100 mg a day 2 days in a row with terrible nightmares every time I go to sleep cold sweats and can never get warm and it was 70 degrees out today I’m going to say a prayer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.