Gabapentin Withdrawal

Posted , 20 users are following.

I have been taking 300 mg gabapentin at night for 20 days and I am wondering if anyone has stopped this drug after a short period of time and what they experienced.  I am worried but want to get off of it due to the side effects.  Thank you.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was prescribed a 150 x day which I quit after 7 days because of horrible side effects - Dr told me to try 75 x day. - I now have nerve pain where I never did before - can this drug cause this and will it subside - I stopped it again after 7 days - this drug is not worth it
    • Posted

I believe this drug can cause many bad withdrawal effects. Try eating healthy and do some exercise. I’ve been juicing lots these few weeks and it seems to help with the withdrawals. 
  • Posted

Wouldn't worry about any major withdrawal. Cause of the short amount of time youve been on it. Just gradually taper down over the next few weeks. You should be okay contact your doc who can help.with tapering.down. God Bless!

• Posted

I was given gabapentin for the shingles pain, I've tried to stop , the withdrawal is substantial. I'm on 900 mg. a day at this point. The nerve pain from the shingles is something I think now I can handle. Any recommendations for first step.? I'm thinking going to one capsule morning and night . That's 600 mg. a day for 2 weeks then 1 capsule a day for 2 weeks. Does that sound to quick ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.