Gall stone pain-help

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi I am new to this group. I was diagnosed last year with having gall stones after having had an endoscopy. I wanted to ask if anyone has any advice as to how you deal with the pain when you have an episode. I had an episode this morning it started at 2am and eventually subsided at 5.15am. Symptoms excruciating abdominal pain, wanting to go to the loo, excessive sweating, nausea. 

Today I've been like a zombie, still feel a niggly pain but not as bad as earlier, so I'm not eating tonight.

would really appreciate your thoughts / comments.

thanks K

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the same last week and ended up in A and E ,the doctor there gave me Buscopan that you get for IBS she said its an antispasmodic and stops the gallbladder spasms you take 2 10mg and you can get them in the chemist ,that and a painkiller worked a treat within half an hour
    • Posted

Ive tried buscopan a few times but doesnt seem to help i think the problem i have is ive been taking strong painkillers for a while so i think my body has got used to them so they are not having the effect that they should have. Glad it worked for you though at least you know u can do that next time you have a flare up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.