Gallbladder

Posted , 9 users are following.

i am going in to hospital on Friday to have my gallbladder removed has any one got any information that they can share with me 😬

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. I'm 3 weeks post gallbladder surgery and I'm doing well. I was in mild pain for the first week after surgery. You may feel nauseous afterward but that's to be expected. After reading everyone's post about their surgery I'm come to realize that everyone has a different outcome. So make sure you get plenty of rest and don't overdo it and you should be fine.

Good luck😊

• Posted

Thank you did you go home the same day if so was the pain manageable at night 😊

• Posted

Yes It was out patient surgery. Since I had Laparoscopic surgery I went home the same day. The pain was manageable with pain meds of course. You will find it uncomfortable to sleep on your stomach due to the stitches.
  • Posted

Good luck for Friday, it's my turn next Tueday. 

• Posted

Good luck with your surgery next week. Keep us posted on how your doing. 😊

• Posted

I will Cherie. I'm being kept overnight, I think it's because it's an afternoon surgery. Will just be glad to have it over. I was on holiday two weeks ago and came back having lost five pounds, not that I'm complaining lol. But no I don't cream, no puddings and no alcohol...made for a boring holiday!!!

• Posted

my surgery is end of next month and they say its always overnight, there to keep an eye on you after the surgery.
    • Posted

Maybe it's better to be in overnight, at least they'll take care of pain and nausea in hospital...would prefer my own bed though!!

• Posted

Yes me too, I hate staying in hopsital,although I am glad just incase.
    • Posted

Hi jane all done I had 2 have a drain in which was sore now it's out not as bad stayed in hospital over night feel very tired & not comfortable in bed last night good luck 4 Tuesday keep me informed 😊

• Posted

Hi cherrie I'm home now had op at 6pm Friday night stayed in over night had 2 have a drain in which was not nice very sore & cant get comfortable hopefully will feel better in a couple of days 😊

• Posted

Awwww. It will get better trust me. Make sure you take a easy and don't overdo it. Thanks for keeping me posted 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.