Gallbladder disease, pancreatitis, really scared!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been misdiagnosed for 6 years, finally in may I had an ultrasound confirming what I was desperately trying to tell them in the first place! I have gall stones, last week I was hospitalised as a severe attack and some loose stones caused me to develop pancreatitis. I discharged myself after 4 days as I was sick to death of hearing conflicting interpretations of test results with no real action plan. Now I am at home being told no fat n no dairy. I'm a 7.5stone woman with a BMI of 15. I am hungry, anything I eat causes pain, I cannot stand any veg except a bit of raw spinach n rocket leaves. I don't know if my GB is even going to be removed, what I would like to ask though, is if anyone can help me with websites or blogs or ideas to maintain some of my weight please? I can't eat chicken either as it really exacerbates the attacks. I need food help basically. My biggest fear is losing more weight. I was well over 8st before the griping started, I can't really afford to lose more. Sorry it's long, any help greatly appreciated. I simply don't know where else to turn. Thanks for reading x

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just a little update really. After months of phone calls and chasing up I am finally having the surgery on Tuesday. I had a huge meltdown at the doctors about my weight concerns to be handed a sheet of paper with useless information on it so I went home n are what I usually eat. There was some pain, but nothing severe. So I have gone back to my usual diet gradually and gained my weight back. Hopefully once the surgery is over and I'm recovered I can get on with my life. Thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions, amazing the amount of stress and uncertainty these situations put u under x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.