Gallbladder Flushing for Gallstones

Posted , 6 users are following.

I been diagnosed with some gallstones, has anybody tried flushing your

gallbladder and if so does it work? I read on the internet about flushing it with Apple Juice for a week and then Epsons salt, Olive oil and either

Lemon juice or Grapefruit juice mixed together for two days it's supposed

to soften the stones and flash them out. And then you follow a low fat diet.

Welling to try if it bets having surgery.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi if your now thinking of whether to remove or not that's up to you? 

Going on a weight loss diet and losing weight quickly is a trigger for gallstones . Funny lots of us lost weight and then started getting attacks. I had gallstone attacks for 15 years usually about once a year but my gp thought it was food poisoning or gastric bug ...lol so I became very careful what I ate which is why I only had one attack a year generally. Then I lost 2 stone last year on weight watchers and my oh my agony ivy. Then my gp diagnosed gallstones had scan and was told they were tombstones been there years and loads 15 or more .... 

The pain made my decision ... Removal ..been great since.

but low fat diet is almost no fat diet but will settle it down. No spice no caffeine no fat no red meat hard to digest . Always cook veg well and basically eat bland baby like food or nursing home ... Soft easy to digest low fat food. 

Your gallbladder concentrates bile and your tummy request extra bile for fatty, rich ,hard to digest foods. Your gallbladder contracts sqeezes the extra bile and your stones rub together and the pain on the right side under rib and in back starts. If a stone gets sqeezed into a duct vomiting , agony colic heart attack level pain for several hours till it passes or gets out of the duct. 

So it depends on whether yours settles down ... And whether you want to be on a restricted diet .... In an attack buscopan helps it's a anti spasmodic . And I found omeprazole helped with the general gnawing pain on right side ....

hope that helps 

• Posted

G,Day sally 14743 i had my Gall Blader out in 2012 and stopped smoking as well they had me on a Morhpine PCA Machine with a Ketamine Infushion as Ketamine reset my Brain reseptors no withdraw systems at all i feel good now apart from cronic pain just bought a new motor bike and camper van to tow behind the bike if i did not have cronic pain life would wonderfull i take MS Contin 200mg proladone x 60 night 75 Mic Gram Fenyt Patches i use the tablets or the Patchs Never use them together it is very bad for you .

Im very glad i had mine out in 2012 never felt better Cheers ?

• Posted

Same here had mine out feb 2014 feel great....very angry suffered undiagnosed for 15 years 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.