Gallbladder out last week no fat for 4 weeks what can I eat?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok so after being so scared I had keyhole surgery last Monday and it was ok I am recovering well and taking each day slowly and I know it's going to be slow recovery.

So far I've had the odd ache where gallbladder was but almost on no pain relief now. My rubbling stomach is v v loud though and frequent and I feel sick if I don't eat regularly but think that is ny body trying to balance the bike levels. My appetite is finally coming back but I've been told not to eat fatty foods or spicy food for 4 weeks. But I don't know what I can eat! So far it's just jacket potato with beans and rice and vegetables I am losing weight rapidly. I avoided certain high fat stuff before op but no fat is v difficult.

What did you eat post op ? I'm a vegaterian but eat fish... why can't I eat fat for 4 weeks any ideas ?

Thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have not had the surgery (yet) but I assume that the reason you cannot eat fat

for 4 weeks is to let the liver adjust to not having a gall bladder attached...the liver

gets the fat that you have eaten ready for the intestines...and as I just said the liver has to adjust on its own.  You are doing the right diet as best you can...use the google of your computer and ask for a list of foods LOW in fat or NO fat...

I am sure that you will find suggestions.  Maybe someone else in this site can help you too.  Get better soon and let me know how you progress...I am truly interested.

• Posted

You can have soup and plenty of fresh fruit and veg

Some salad but be careful not to have mayonnaise or salad cream.

Fish is very good

Make sure you are drinking plenty.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.