Gallbladder pain/exercise

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was recently diagnosed with having 3 large gallstones and will probably have my gallbladder removed in the coming months.

My question is: does anyone feel gallbladder pain when exercising? I got pain when I ran for a bus and when I played football a couple of months ago. I was just wandering whether this would be due to having large gallstones moving about in there or whether it may be something else.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Steven

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Where I live it is quite hilly. So when I had gallstones I was getting pain just walking particularly uphill.

If you are on a waiting list it may be worth mentioning if you are willing to have the operation at short notice if someone else cancels. That may get you done quicker, it did me.

Good luck.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

I do get pain exercising. A stitch in my right hand side under my ribs. I get breathless too. Sometimes I get a stabbing pain where my gallbladder is and it's painful and makes me worry so much so I slow down. It's horrible waiting for surgery. Especially when you know things can change so quickly and it can become so serious. I never want to experience pain like I did with my last attack in October. I'm only just starting to feel like I am recovering from that now. God knows how long I'll wait to get it out. I've already been waiting three months and two months since I had a pre op. No sign of a date. I'm just having to get on with it.
    • Posted

At least you know what's wrong with you and can be dealt with. I've stopped exercising for he moment , which is a shame as I miss playing football. I've actually been free of pain recently as well but have been left with constant itching sensation on my legs which is irritating.

Hope you get a date soon and get your problems sorted.

• Posted

It's probably due to the gallstones. Before I knew I had gallstones, I would exercise an hour or so after breakfast or dinner, and get terrble upper stomach/back pain. Now I only exercise quite a while after I eat, and typically I'll do OK. I was diagnosed back in April, wanted to remove my gallbladder of course, but I don't plan on it yet. My pain isn't as right sided as yours, more in the middle. Does the pain come when you exercise soon after you eat? Sometimes doing really strenous exercise can cause a flare up, too. Best of luck!
  • Posted

I have pain in that area when i exert myself with exercise.  im a mixed martial artist and was very physically fit.  started having pain in my right side under my rib and in my right shoulder blade.  had ultra sound to check for stones but none found but i believe i have a function problem with the gallbaldder.  

When i exercise i get a stitch feeling in that exact spot but now i cant even exercise as it takes my breath away and i feel like im having a heart attack.  Its awful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.