Gallbladder removal 5 weeks ago and have overeaten and major suffering now !

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello,

I cannot believe what a stupid woman I have been.  I was treated to go on a 3 day break by the sea to convalese in a hotel after gall blad op 5 weeks ago.  Have been so good up until 2 days ago when eat so much not only for breakfast but also the whole day (cannot believe how much I put away). I felt so much better and back to my "normal self"  I am now majorly suffering acute diarrohae and sickness.  I feel absolutely awful. My stomache is still so bloated and very tender.

Is there anyone out there who has done this - how long did it take to stop all these symptoms or has it done any major harm.

Am thankful for any replies.

Due to go back to work this week - feel absolutely terrible and so ashamed it was self inflected.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thanks for posting vivey. im still waiting to get my gallbladder out so i read as many post as i can to learn things to help myself so thanks for the warnings. i do so hope your feeling a bit better by now, we are all only human. and after all the starvation diets we have all been on it must be tempting to have a big feast, well at least you can say you had your feast.im just so glad that your feeling better. we are all here for each other. 💐 
    • Posted

Thank you for your posting cheeky87.

You are very wise reading about what other people experience after these ops.  Obviously now I will never indulge in a Henry VIII style feast again !!!.  Also I wont beat myself up if I am not recovering from an op as fast as others might.  This is my 5th week off and am back to work this week.  

All the best for your op.  Would love to hear how it all goes for you.

Best wishes x

• Posted

We all make mistakes, forgive yourself.

Just learn from it and go easy on food consumption for a bit.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.