Gallbladder removed, my body is not functioning as normal

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, it has been 4 weeks since my gallbladder surgery,. I am light headed, unable to feel when I am hungry, cannot have a normal bowel movement without taking a laxative, gas pains that knock me to my knees, despite drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water I feel constant thirst and I eat a healthy diet. Lastly, I have painful episodes that feel like gallstone attacks.  My lab work is great, CAT and X-rays, nothing. I am taking pills for acid reflux.

is anyone experiencing or has experienced the symptoms I am going thru?

Thank you, for reading

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago , my skin looks slightly yellow . I feel like I have indigestion and my stomach is swollen.. I feel really thirsty also and still have some pain over my right side where my gallbladder was

• Posted

i hope someone on hear can give me help 😦

i had gb surgery 3 years ago and have since then had bloating, nausea, very bad acid reflux, anxiety, and most recently extreme pain in my left upper quadrant and shoulder blade! is this common after gb removal? Thank you in advance im desperate 😦

• Posted

I'm sorry to report my surgery was about 10 yrs ago & I wasn't told about any side effects or special diet. I have been suffering with diarrhoea every single day whenever I eat or drink anything. Dr.s have known about my problems and no one has connected it to my gallbladder. It was only this week when talking to a friend & we were comparing experiences that I was prompted to do my own research. It's been a long unnecessary 10 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.