Gallbladder scan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm booked in for a Gallbladder scan next Friday after months of discomfort and pain. I have episodes at least 2-3 times a week. My question is if the scan happens on a 'good' day, will anything show up?

I really need some sort of result from the scan as it's wearing me down not getting enough sleep, being in pain and trying to live a normal life.

Any advice appreciated

Nicola

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes if you have gallstones they will show up. No matter if it's a good day or bad.
  • Posted

Hiya. Yep it will still show up if your having a good day smile I've had my gallbladder removed now for two weeks and don't miss it at all!! I like you was having attacks several times a week and it was getting unbearable! Hope they get it sorted ASAP for you xxx
    • Posted

How long after your pre-op was your op. I had pre op today and said I would be a urgent case after developing pancreasitis with them. Can't wait to get it out of me and live a normal life again!! X
  • Posted

My operation was a week after my Pre-op smile they should get you in really quickly if you have that. These gallbladder cause some real problems!! I nearly went private as I was so bad with it but me and hubby kept hassling the surgeons secretary and they got me in ASAP with the nhs luckily. Good luck with your surgery!! I don't miss mine at all, was very sore after but nothing compared to the attacks. Taking it really slow with the food but so nice to feel normal again although I still worry the pain will come back or I will have further problems. Made the mistake of looking online at the horror stories! Fingers crossed it will all be ok! Xxx
    • Posted

Ah right I'm pretty sure I remember them saying be within 6-8weeks? Yeah came out hospital last week after being in a week. Now that was pain. Was on a lot of morphine. Had a ERCP to remove blocking stones. Yes they are a nightmare! Before I was in hospital I was having the pain 3-4times a day. But since I've been out fingers crossed I ain't been too bad! Ha, yes I have looked online too at stories the worst thing to do.!! Xx
  • Posted

I kept hassling them so maybe that's why they got me in sooner smile online stories are the worst, made me panic loads but when your in that much pain then it needs to come out!! Let us know how your surgery goes smile x
    • Posted

Ha I've tried, first started getting pain in December and kept cancelling all my appointments. Only taking me seriously now I had complications with them. But hoping I get a letter with date on soon. So then I can look forward to no pain, being sick etc etc! Yes I've read some awful ones, but it has to be done can't live like this forever haha! Yes I will do when I finally get it :D xx
  • Posted

If its gallstones it will show up. But if its an ultra sound simetimes its not as easy to see and if thats the case ask for an mri. I had a baby on 14th feb and 2 weeks later i was admitted with pain and sickness like no other (worse than both my labours), after bloods were taken, it turned out to be pancreatits- which after an ultra sound and mri scan turned out to be gallstones. I was in hosp for 5 days? They said i wud need gallbladder out but had to delay the op with just having a baby. Got a letter a few wks ago saying it would be 22nd of may. I have had a few bad days since and admitted again last week with pancreatitis again. Cant wait for next week. Got my pre op on monday and op on thurs!! 
    • Posted

Pancreasitis is awful went a&e last week with terrible pain, and vomiting. Only for then to say your fine go home. Got home pain started worse. Was begging everyone to kill me haha! Ended up just sitting in freezing cold water it's eased the pain abit. At 4am a ambulance turned up. A&e had looked at blood results wrong and discovered I had it!! I was in hospital about 5days I had ERCP to remove blocking stones and to make bile duct bigger I think. So worried I'm going to get it again, keep feeling really sick. Had my pre op today so hopefully won't be long to op. Good luck with your op and I hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

My god thats really bad. A bit of incompetence there mind, i wouldnt mind but pancreatitis is the worse pain ever!!! I had quite a lot of sick days after my first lot of pancreatitis. I always took a bath and stretched right out- u will find an angle where it eases off a bit, but i took some tramadol and paracetamol and went to sleep. Sometimes it would ease right off but still have pain but manageble. I was bad for 6 days with pain and bad nausea- lost appetite etc then it got really bad again last thurs and knew straight away it was pancreatitis again. Morphine helped along with being on a drip for 30 hours. Not had much pain for a few days which im pleased about. I feel for you. X
    • Posted

I keep getting really sick again. Throwing up constantly feeling sick. And getting lots of pain again. Hoping it's not pancreastis again. Wish they would hurry up with my op! Still heard nothing sad x
    • Posted

If the pain is that bad and your being sick i bet you it is back. U want to get to hospital for IV fluids. I was on a drip for 30hrs and it eased right up again. Keep on at them for the op xx
    • Posted

The pain is not constant comes and goes. I not being sick too much. Just a constant feeling of feeling sick lol. Will see howi am over weekend hopefully I don't get it back sad X fingers crossed 
  • Posted

Good luck Louise!! I started having pain 6 weeks after having my little boy, totally wrecked my maternity!! Apparently pregnancy can cause these issues x
    • Posted

Thankyou. Yes i heard its quite common like and there were 4 other women in hosp with the same thing after having babies. :-)
    • Posted

Yeah it went well thanks, in quite a bit of pain but got tablets to help so here is hoping all my pain with pancreatitis etc is finally over 😀
    • Posted

That's good then :D I'm sure the pain will settle down in a few days. Yeah hopefully it is smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.