Gallbladder scan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm booked in for a Gallbladder scan next Friday after months of discomfort and pain. I have episodes at least 2-3 times a week. My question is if the scan happens on a 'good' day, will anything show up?

I really need some sort of result from the scan as it's wearing me down not getting enough sleep, being in pain and trying to live a normal life.

Any advice appreciated

Nicola

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had my scan this morning and in the words of the Dr I have a very impressive gallstone wedged in the neck of the gallbladder! So relieved they found something. Being referred for surgery so hopefully this will all be over soon!
  • Posted

Though I would update you all. Last Saturday I started to get serious constant pain, with being sick. I went a&e and they said I was fine. Came home and had to go again Sunday and same again said I was fine. I then went to a emergency gp and they gave me a prescription of oralmorph. Not even that would touch the pain. I went back to a&e and they finally admitted me. No one knew what was wrong ( I think they thought I was faking). I went for a ultrasound Tuesday and they said it was all fine. Wednesday the doctor came and saw me asking if I was okay to go home. I was like no I'm in so much pain. So he put me on the emergency list for a op the next day. Then on Thursday I went for my op about 1:30. And it did not go too well. They discovered I had a really inflamed gallbladder with surrounding fibrosis. They said they nearly lost me at one point. It was the worst gallbladder they have seen Apperantly. Luckily they were still able to do it my keyhole by cutting my gallbladder in half. The op took about two and a half hours! But I'm so glad I had the op, I'm home now a little bit of pain and discomfort but nothing like the pain I've been going through the last few weeks/months. I seem fine with eating so far. They never gave me no advice what to eat or what not to eat ! So so glad my nightmare is finally over smile  
    • Posted

Bloody heck, you were very lucky. Im pleased you put your foot down and didnt listen to the doctors! Pleased its finally over for you. Onwards and upwards 😀
    • Posted

Yeah took a lot of persuading. I think they did it in the end to shut me up. I'm 100% they thought I was faking to get op faster. But after they were like I see why you was in pain now. How is your recovery going? X
    • Posted

Well least its ll over for you know. Well day 10 post op today(sunday) and feel pretty good. I didnt have much pain from wednesday, But last couple of days my incisions and around them are a bit sore but to be honest it could be cos im not exactly resting much. I have a 15 week old baby and a 4yr old so cant really sit and do nothing, but my husband is helping tho. X
    • Posted

Hi, no i was ok after my op, just a bit sore. U feeling sick again? X
    • Posted

I was but all settled down now. I recovered quickly with pain region. Just had sickness and diaherra, but all settled down now. smile
  • Posted

I Nicola,

What is the lastest on your pain ? If you do have gallstones, even on a good day, they are going to show up on a scan.

Sure do know what you are going to through . I finally got a date for my surgery, still 5 weeks away, but on a waiting list for cancelation

Hope you got some results

Gail

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.