Gallbladder scan

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

So today I had my scan and the tech said nothing the whole way through abc said id hear off my doctor in 7-10 days, I just wondered for other people who have had gallbladder scans in the UK if their tech told them straight away if there was any stones/sludge? Or were they not at liberty to say? I've kind of got myself upset as I was convinced that's what was wrong and now maybe it isn't so it's going to take even longer and I can't deal with the pain any longer.

Thanks for any input 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lgl, 

When is your next doctors appt? 

Gail

• Posted

Hi fail I haven't got an appointment, the tech just said id hear off my doctor in 7-10 days once the results are in so I'm assuming they will phone but I may phone them in the morning just to get a better idea of what is happening.
    • Posted

Hi Lgl,

Ya, I think that's a good idea. Just kinda push them along  a little faster.

• Posted

I dont know what to make of the guy who did my scan. He knew i worked in ER in same hospital but was giving nothing away, he was a bit odd to be honest haha.

Like i said when i pushed him, he just would say that the gb empytied in the correct amount if time and without any difficulty, so im presuming it might not be gb, if it isnt i really dont know where to go from here. I do have this niggling worry about this echo free cyst on my liver though, although two different gastro consultants have said leave it alone its perfectly harmless. It was spotted about 3 to 4 yrs ago on a scan and im thinking it may have got a whole lot worse if it was anything to worry about, by now. I'm a borm worrier though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.