gallstones r killing me !!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ive had gallstoness for almost 5 months now (while i was pregnant they found out i had gallstones ) so they couldnt do anything for me the pain was soo bad i was sick u name it in and out of A&E any way i had my baby 5 weeks ago and the pain is getting worse !! 10 days after i had my baby i had a really bad attact i went to A&E got seen by the surgen said i would have the op that day BUT after a few hours they told me they couldnt as i just had my baby and to come back in 4 weeks time to get my gallbladder removed so i have a appointment abouth the surgery on the 24th june and i cant wait i just want them out now ,, i cant eat anything am affred to eat all i eat is dry toast and rice !! and i get my attacts every other day and they r soo pain full it makes me cry !!!! what other pain killers could i take ?? I CANT TAKE THIS PAIN ANYMORE !!!!! IAM REALLY NOT EATING BECAUSE I DONT WANT THE PAIN TO COME BACK !!!! sad

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

BTW, next time I have a bad attack I am going straight to A&E. The last time I was \"persuaded\" by NHS Direct to go to my local drop in centre. I did, and yes they injected me to kill the pain and stop the vomiting but I later found out if i had gone to A&E I would be sans GB by now! Instead, 2 yes later I am still suffering.

:roll:

Not that I want another bad attack. No thank you. Felt like I was about to check out at one point. Hubby was frantic. Never seen me as bad before. Even after major surgery I was better than this!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Lelly, i hope you get your op soon!
  • Posted

oh yes go to a&e wen u get another attact i did ande had my op 4 days later ,, its the only way u will get it done faster !! its been almost 4 wks now after my gallbladder was removed and i feel soo great !!! i can eat what ever i want its soo great not haveing any pain now !!!!! :D :D
  • Posted

Has actually made me cry with jealousy that people have had their GB removed pretty much straight away on going to a&e!

I have been to a&e with chronic gallbladder pain 5 or 6 times!

I'm not pregnant or anything, so I don't see why they couldn't have gone forward with op. I was injected with some sort of pain relief (which I was grateful for, don't get me wrong) ... and dismissed every time.

I am angry and upset at the NHS because over time they have been informing me that I've developed an infection because of a problem it's causing my liver, I'm jaundice (also linked) and I have a stone in the common bile duct.

Over the last few days I've also had really bad constipation. Now, I am used to bad constipation because I am a regular sufferer, and on top of that the morphine makes me worse. However, I'm extremely concerned about this - my stomach area is visibly massively bloated, I feel terribly overfull - like I might pop. Also, when I try to go to the loo, I strain and strain but it actually feels like there's nothing there to get rid of - though there obviously is. I understand that this isn't the nicest topic but I'm posting it because I'm worried that I might have a stone blocking my bowel, and I am in the hope that someone will know what the problem is!

• Posted

Painkillers can upset the digestive system especially NSAIDs so if possible try eating clean (lean meat salds etc) also try the 'Forever' aloe gel drink as that stopped my pains. I also use lecithin before eating anything that might aggravate it so that might also help you.

Congratulations on your baby!

xxx

• Posted

Hi cath

I know this post is over a year old so you might not respond but I wanted to know how you got on?

I'm due to have my gallbladder out in 5 days and have a 11 month old, 23 month old and 9 year old. As well as worrying about he op I'm concerned about how they'll be. Got my husband and sister to help me out but you know sometimes kids just want their mum.

How did you get on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.