gallstones r killing me !!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ive had gallstoness for almost 5 months now (while i was pregnant they found out i had gallstones ) so they couldnt do anything for me the pain was soo bad i was sick u name it in and out of A&E any way i had my baby 5 weeks ago and the pain is getting worse !! 10 days after i had my baby i had a really bad attact i went to A&E got seen by the surgen said i would have the op that day BUT after a few hours they told me they couldnt as i just had my baby and to come back in 4 weeks time to get my gallbladder removed so i have a appointment abouth the surgery on the 24th june and i cant wait i just want them out now ,, i cant eat anything am affred to eat all i eat is dry toast and rice !! and i get my attacts every other day and they r soo pain full it makes me cry !!!! what other pain killers could i take ?? I CANT TAKE THIS PAIN ANYMORE !!!!! IAM REALLY NOT EATING BECAUSE I DONT WANT THE PAIN TO COME BACK !!!! sad

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Cath

Had my gallbladder out 9 days ago and they did it by keyhole, I have had my stitches out today and I have one cut near my bellybutton about 1cm, one cut just underneath my breastone about 2cm and then 2 more in my left side about 1cm. I think most ops are done by keyhole unless the gallbladder is inflamed or they come across other complications. I had to sign a consent form for both keyhole and open surgery incase they come across problems while doing the op. I won't lie to you and say it was a walk in the park because it wasn't but I am so glad that I have had it done. You must eat more though Cath if only to build your strength up before the op. Like I said before I followed the Rosemary Conley diet but I couldn't eat potatoes or drink even skimmed milk. I used to live on pasta and either chicken or a vegetable sauce, rice with chicken or vegetable curry you just have to try things to see if they bother you. I was quite lucky in that I could eat spicy food (think a lot of people can't) so I used to add a lot of garlic, chillies, ginger ect to my food. I would have wholemeal toast with honey for breakfast, a sandwich with salad and either tuna or laughing cow cheese spread on for dinner and then my evening meal. I would also eat a lot of fruit inbetween meals. Good luck with your pre op :D Benji

• Posted

Hi Cath I had my op 8 weeks ago. I had a cut across my belly button (I had already had a hernia repair done through there) and then ther was a small cut on the waistline directly under the gallbladder and another cut just below the sternum to the right. I only had 3 cuts. The biggest cut was the belly button. I believe the gallbladder was taken out through there. The scars are fading very quickly so they will hardly show.
  • Posted

Todays the day am going for my hosp appontment !!!! ive waited for this appontment fpr over a month !! cant wait because the next step will be the date of my op !!!! i think am going to ask if they can just take the stones out and leave the gallbladder in ,, wish me luck !! smile
  • Posted

Hi Cath

Good luck with your hospital appointment today, i was never given the option to just have my stones removed just told they had to remove the whole caboodle - I might be wrong but I think they take the whole bladder out to stop the stones reforming let us know how you get on :D

Benji

• Posted

Theres not much of a Gallbladder left after a long time with Gallstones smile
  • Posted

sad they told me to come back on friday coz the surgen is at the other hosp !! so now its friday at 9.30am to talk to the surgen i wa a bit upset not that much coz its only 2days away !!!!! cant wait AGAIN !!!! I JUST WANT IT SORTED NOW ! am fed up feeling like this its been 6months now luckey i havent had a attact for over a wk so i mucs be doing somthing right smile they said they can book me in fast for my op ( i hope so ) fingers crossed !!!
  • Posted

hi all just a update ! i saw the surgen today and hes put me on the URGENT LIST !! so i hope i wont have to wait long !!! !! am soo happy !!! smile
  • Posted

Cath

Glad to hear you haven't got to wait long - I am now 2 weeks post op and feel better than I have done for a long while :D I don't think you realise how gallstones take it out on you until you have them removed - Good luck with your op :lol:

Benji

• Posted

Cath, how are you going? I asked my surgeon to leave the gallbladder in too, but like Dr Spock said, there's no point, as the gallbladder would only fill up with gallstones again.

I had my operation in July 08. Apart from some post-op pain I have not felt this good for some time, although I did have some other problems which were fixed around the same time.

I can eat pretty much anything I want to now. i prefer to eat fruit and veges anyway, but then I was never a big fat eater, though I do like choccy!.

:biggrin:

• Posted

still no letter from hosp about my operation date ,, but am thinking next time i get pain i will just got to A & E and they should do the op then i hope !!!!
  • Posted

well i went A and E last friday i was in pain and i had my op on tuesday took my gallbladdder out i feel soo much better just need to recover now
  • Posted

glad you got it sorted cath - all the best with your recovery.

i wish i had gone to A&E when i was at my worst, instead of being under the gp for a month while my jaundice and liver function got worse by the time i was admitted i had to wait for my liver problems to resolve and the obstruction to be removed as a result it was a further 3 months untill i could go on the waiting list it took 7 months to get surgery... if i had gone to A&E at the outset i would have most likley been shedualed for surgery that week!

anyway take things easy - plenty of rest and no lifting or housework for you for a bit.

hope you feel better soon.

vix

• Posted

had my op 2 weeks ago and am feeling great !!!!!!! and am eating lol lol

but on my bellybotton there is like a little pinhead size hole ? am going a&e 2morrow to see what they say i know it shouldnt be there !! but other than that i feel great its soo good not to worry anymore ! now i cn enjoy life and my 3 kids and hubby :D

• Posted

i am glad you are doing well - it takes time to heal and a lot more has gone on underneath - dont worry too much about the surface healing at this stage (but if you are worried the medics can put your mind at rest) i had an open op that took 9 weeks to heal and seal - but if you are worried get checked out.

vix

• Posted

Hi Cath,

sorry you have had a rough time of it. Hopefully they have sorted out the stones by now. One thing I have found which may sound a bit obvious but it took me a while to realise. Soluble painkillers are better for GS pain as they don't have to wait to disolve int he gut. I find that solid tabs just come back up a few mins later when I'm in the middle of a bad attack.

Well, I am 2stn closer to getting my GB removed and I too cannot wait as i am sick of feeling sick. The aching curently is more chronic lower level rather than a screaming vomiting 2 day attack as I have had previously. I have pretty much identified my crime foods and avoid them like the plague (brie, museli for some reason! mushroom pate).

Best of luck!

lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.