Gas and bloating in Chest area

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if any of you ever experience having chest discomfort that feels like gas? It sometimes migrates into the shoulder or back and the arm. I usually experience this during ovulation and or right before a period. Sometimes it can feel like trapped gas. That's the best way to describe it. I am concerned because I heard that sometimes gas in the chest area can be heart related so I asked for a referral to a Cardiac doctor. Anyone experience this before?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh my goodness, yes. And it scares the pants off of me. It causes my anxiety to ramp up. I get it at the same time of my cycle as you. I bought Serrapeptase to take and it has helped a bit with this. I take 2 upon waking in the morning and it has seemed to help me a bit. Dont worry, you aren't alone in this symptom.
    • Posted

Yeah. I caught a stomach virus from my 2 year old last week and I am also due for a period soon. This really made the gas in my chest to act up. My anxiety was really bad yesterday because of it. It's awful! Is that some kind of gas medicine that you take? Is it prescription or over the counter.
    • Posted

Serrapeptase is a natural anti inflamitory and can be purchased on Amazon. So sorry about that virus, I have a 4 year old and we do pick up all of their illness from them. 
    • Posted

Wow i forgot about serrapeptase. Im going to research that for my intestinal inflammation
    • Posted

Sharcev,  It sure helped calm down those chest pains you get from the peri. I could not believe how scary they were. The Serrapeptase has made them much more tolerable and since I have taken it in the past 2 weeks, they have reduced dramatically. I feel like I finally found something that has given me a bit of relief. LOL
    • Posted

Yes, its supposed to reduce inflammation greatly anywhere you have it in the body smile 

• Posted

Ha ha, yes. I was a little freaked out when I read about it, but since it has been working by keeping away the chest pain, I dont even mind. LOL
    • Posted

My mum used it she had fibrosis of the lungs and died from it in 2012. I thought I recognised the name.
    • Posted

Hi Snowbell,

She lived longer than expected so maybe.

I think in the same way she researched her problem and did whatever she could afford to do to help, homeopathy, acupuncture, she also had skennar treatment and other alternative things.

I try to be the same I think with this meno stuff even before I knew it was meno related, finding a new something that gives us hope keeps us going.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.