Gas and bloating in Chest area

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if any of you ever experience having chest discomfort that feels like gas? It sometimes migrates into the shoulder or back and the arm. I usually experience this during ovulation and or right before a period. Sometimes it can feel like trapped gas. That's the best way to describe it. I am concerned because I heard that sometimes gas in the chest area can be heart related so I asked for a referral to a Cardiac doctor. Anyone experience this before?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get this also. I also get it when I'm ovulating, during, and after my period. It is very scary. I get panic attacks bad when it happens. I haven't figured out what works for it yet but you are not alone.
  • Posted

Hi sharcerv,

Which shoulder if it's your right it could be gall bladder. Gall bladder disease is very common in women in their 50s especially post meno.

• Posted

Absolutely! The referred gas goes to get back , arm muscles, I'd even get it in my thigh or something silly.

Not to say your shouldn't get checked out but yes I get it in random places in the upper chest body area

• Posted

Yes, it’s weird as I feel sharp pain in my leg as well when feeling bloated. Sometimes feel like I am having heart attack or stroke. Very scary and always give me panic attacks. 

Really feels better looking at these blogs that I am not alone. 

I stopped even sharing my problems with others and feeling that I am going crazy or mental. 

Thanks this is really helpful blogs

• Posted

I have and my Dr put me on famotidine. It is a medication for gerd. And it works for me
    • Posted

I went to the ER for it and was told it was GERD. I have famotidine also but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Posted

Yes! I have had this several times, sending me to the ER 3 times! First time I was diagnosed with Gerd and gallstones, I'm on Nexium for Gerd and had my gallbladder out on March 2nd. I've had 2 cardiac ctas, chest X-rays, and numerous ekgs, all were normal. The gallbladder surgery took away most of my back pain, but still have weird random pains in back sometimes. Still need to get checked   Hope all is ok. Let us know. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.