Gas / Bloody Mucus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I am a 43 year old healthy male.  I have an issue that surfaced 3 -4 weeks ago.

Noticed blood on stool.  Watched for a few days - didn’t go away.  Became more gassy with days.  Then came blood / mucus and gas.  Still having my regular BM.  Albeit I changed my diet up trying to see if that had an impact - it did I suppose lessen the symptoms but certainly did not eliminate them.  I have gone back to eating normally.  May as well not starve myself.

I still go thru the day ok but at some point in the day I can feel the stress coming on in the bottom end. Like my rectum is filling with gas / pressure / stool (you never know until you go).  Then I battle with numerous trips to the throne until all the gas and bloody mucus have gone thru me.

The blood is contained in the mucus and doesn’t disperse in the toilet.  Not sure what that means.  I only see bloody water on a BM which I assume is due to the aggressive movement of the stool across the bloody surface somewhere inside.

All my blood work, stool, urine, ekg, - everything has come back normal.  I had perhaps one day of left side ‘discomfort’ loosely put - not pain.  Of course due to my mind - I think I have it everyday but I think that is not true.  I am quite active, energetic and am feeling no physical I’ll effects from this outside of the stress and the immediate symptoms from down under.  Unfortunately I am a pessimist by nature and have sentenced myself to death via colon cancer - this is stressing me out.

Can anyone provide some observations or thoughts.  I have immediately booked myself for a colonoscopy and will have that in 2 weeks.  I just wanna go into this with a positive mindset so hopefully someone can help me get there.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.