Gastitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just before my 51st birthday my periods went all over the place, having at least three in a month, having had migraine auras and the odd eye twitching, i wonder if gastitis is due to the onset of menopause. It flared up around the time of the irregular periods and i have read that some women have had this happen in menopause, I wondered if anyone on here had experienced it too. I have a hiatas hernia and suffered something some time ago, so it could be that i am prone to this anyway, but am i correct in saying that menopause can cause more reflux?

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is such a relief to know that it is not just me with all of these Digestive issues. Since peri hit about a year and a half ago I have had terrible indigestion and bloating which hinders my appetite. This has caused weight loss for me. It is such a battle.
    • Posted

For a few days last month I just existed on bananas, malted milk biscuits and Gaviscon, with a cup of tea now and then. It's all I could stomach - anything else caused it to burn. I read on another health website that the five foods to eat to combat the bloat are: bananas, strawberries, garlic, mushrooms and cucumber. The bananas worked for me. After a few days I added cucumber - big mistake - within minutes I had awful burping! Right now it's burning under my left ribs.

This bloating like a barage balloon does nothing for the self esteem - I feel so frumpy and old! I am so glad I found this site a while ago. So good to know I am normal - kind of.

• Posted

Yes, I get that bloating and pressure under left rib too. So frustrating that I can't eat like I want to.
    • Posted

Yes I am glad I have joined this forum to read about others with similar symptoms, digestive problems are the worse! I sometimes i can drink tea but at the moment even that is out the window as it seems to unsettle me!
    • Posted

Yeah the digestive problems are the worst for me too. That and the anxiety. I can deal with the other symptoms relatively okay but those two send me over the edge with worry and frustration.
  • Posted

I've lost tons of weight because of perimenopause and acid reflux.  No one has helped me yet but if I don't seek medical attention I will be in trouble. 
    • Posted

Dear Jackie have you had an endoscophy? If not i would recommend this first and foremost. I lost alot of weight with the gastitis which was most worrying at the timex
    • Posted

Yes I have, all normal.  Going again tomorrow.  When did you finally feel better?  What medication did you use?  So hard to eat.

• Posted

Dear Jackie, from start to finish it went on about four months, had omeprezole and then went on to zantac because after being on the omeprezole it made my stomach really gassy. I hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

thank you so much for your response, helped so much.....I'm on Deilxant, takes 6 to 8 weeks for it to be in your system....I'm on week three....
    • Posted

That's ok, it helps to hear about other people with the same problem, I hope you recover soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.