Gastric band operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi all I had a gastic band operation 2 days ago has anyone else recently had the op.?

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi how are you feeling?

It's not too recent but I had my band fitted the end of October last year!

X

• Posted

Hi rebeccaย 

I can't get up and down very well be my stitches where I have bee opened are very sore did u find this ? I have managed to have a smoothie and custard but fluid is bloating me the only medicine I have is kids paracetamol as its liquid is this what u had ? How long after the op did u start to feel better. X

• Posted

Yes it was very sore when I had to move around! Your appetite will come back properly in a couple of weeks, I really didn't want or fancy anything so soon after but u have to otherwise you will be ill!

I had dissolvable co-codamol which I struggled taking because they made me gag! So I had tiny tramadol tablets and they were fine and helped me sleep! Is the medicine your taking enough to stop the pain?

I'd say I probably felt better a bit each day but could see a big improvement after day 5/6! I had 2 weeks off work x

• Posted

No the paracetamol isn't stopping it I think I will go to the doctors I just feel so bloated

how much have u lost x

• Posted

If you've paid privately you should go back to the hospital were you had it as they shouldn't charge you for the painkillers! Save some money! X
    • Posted

The hospital is 2 hours away I will call them tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜„ how much weight have u lost x
    • Posted

I lost a stone on pre op diet and just over 4 stone since op :-) x
    • Posted

thats amazing in short a short space of time well done ๐Ÿ˜„ I have lost 2 stone pre op as I just had diary and want to loose a further 5 ๐Ÿ˜„ have u found eating hard x
    • Posted

Thank you!

I'm not going to lie it has been tough at times but not as bad as I thought! It just takes a lot of getting used to! The time before your first fill you think it's easy and then each fill it takes time to adjust! X

• Posted

Hi Vicki,

I had my band on Friday

How are you coping ?

Where did you have yours if you don't mind me asking?

Jasmin x

• Posted

Hi jas

i had mine Friday to I had mine at the hospital group in Dolan park how about u?

how r u feeling ?

i am uncomfortable and finding it hard to get up and done and feel bloated x

• Posted

You will feel bloated because of the amount of gas/air they pumped you with during the operation, if your uncomfortable you should contact them for different painkillers x
    • Posted

I had mine at beneden hospital in kent

Yeah i have quite a lot of pain ATM paracetamol just isn't cutting it!

They have me codein to but that makes me feel so sick!

I feel bloated but it's slowly easing.

Hope tomorrow I feel much better.

Jasmin x

• Posted

How was your operation?

have u managed to eat?

did they give u codein in hospital x

• Posted

Hi I have mine coming up on Wednesday eeeekk!!! Nervous and excited at the same time!! Have lost 9lbs on the pre op diet so far! Sounds by reading everyone's comments I need some stronger pain relief, have only stocked up on paracetamol and ibuprofen so far!!

Hope ur recovery goes well

• Posted

Thanks I lost 2 stone pre op on the diary diet ๐Ÿ˜„ I am hoping to loose a further 5 stone smile good luck for your op where u having it done x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.