Gastric band operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi all I had a gastic band operation 2 days ago has anyone else recently had the op.?

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi vicki

I had it done on Friday. 😊 x

• Posted

Hi nat

how are you feeling ?

where did u have yours done xx

• Posted

Hi vicki

I had mine at spire in Manchester. I feel a little bit beaten up but no where near as bad as expected. I think it's taken more of an emotional toll on me. I was frightened to death pre op n when I came round I was so excited and relieved I was out of hospital within 4 hrs afterwards. Since I've got home ive been really tired but think ive got of lightly with only a little gas pain but I'm really down because I'm hungry lol all I can smell is what my husband is cooking the kids so it's getting to me a bit that way 😞 I know it will be worth it ive already lost a stone since Monday. I'm looking to lose another 3-4st

• Posted

That's fab 😄 I want to lose 5 stone I lost 2 pre op! I haven lot of gas pin and paint where my stitches are I can eat custard and water and that's it!! 

Smelling food is is hard my partner has had bacon rolls crisps etc meanie 😪 what weight are u aiming for x

• Posted

Lol it's awful isn't it! I could murder some crisps!! 😂

I want to be about 11st i think. how about u? X

• Posted

Hi vicki, I had mine done at Dolan park on Thursday, I was on the lower ground floor listening to the cockerel crowing all night, my stomach had swelled up overnight and by Friday morning I choked on the yoghurt they gave me so they sucked the air out the band and I came home on the fri night, I can have anything except for black tea,coffee and water now till it goes down, but I'm still glad I had it done and it settles down ok
    • Posted

Oh no that sounds horrendous 😞 how r u feeling now ? I had the op Friday and came home yesterday.

what r u eating and drinking xxx

• Posted

Sorry what I meant to say was I can only have black tea,coffee and water, I can't have slim fast as its too thick, i have tried it diluted in water but it still not going through the band, I'm going to call them tomorrow if it isn't any better, weight loss is great though but I don't want to lose my new best friend my band
    • Posted

Oh no I have managed soup today and 2 small pots of custard but I'm totally full I hope you get your band sorted x
  • Posted

Hi

I had mine done yesterday

Got home this lunchtime

I'm in pain but am taking the kids paracetamol

Trying to move about to avoid trapped wind

Was worried about giving myself the injections for the next 6 days but hopefully I'll be ok (I'm needle phobic)

I lost a stone pre-op and can't wait to see how I get on in the next few weeks.

I'm definitely not hungry

Couldn't even manage a whole cup a soup

I'm glad I booked 2 weeks off work as originally only booked 1 week

Looking forward to chatting with other who are going through the same thing as me, I don't feel so alone in my journey.

X

• Posted

Hi Lisa where did you have your op done?

what injections do you have to have I haven't heard them mention them?

i still have wind and find it hard sleeping and moving and I can't really eat, I als have 2 weeks off which I think is good as 1 wouldn't be enough x

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I also have to inject myself, I get my partner to do it for me.

I haven't been to bad today but pain seems to be starting again as it gets later!

I managed some soup and fruit juice today.

I have only got 1 week of work so hope that will be ok, I sit at a desk all day so nothing to strenuous.

Hope I feel better tomorrow than today

Jasmin x

• Posted

Hi Vicki

I had mine done at Dolan Park with the Hospital Group

The pain does seem a little worse at night

Hopefully I'll be able to get a little sleep

Having to stay in bed as the couch is too low and I can't get up

Lol

• Posted

I am having to do injections too, not so bad tho.

I can only manage a tiny bit of liquid at a time is that normal? Serms I can hardly drink anything until I get the pain in my shoulder again could that still be gas? Going to try some peppermint tea now x

• Posted

Yeah I would say that was the gas, I haven't had that much pain in my shoulder mainly in my tummy.

Really hope the pain eases tomorrow!

Are you walking around a lot ?

Jasmin x

• Posted

Hi jasmin

Yes I'm walking around regularly I can feel fab one minute n awful the next lol

But nervous as I'm back at work Tuesday 😕 hope I feel loads better by then xx

• Posted

The injections are to thin your blood to reduce the chance of blood clotting 😊 x
    • Posted

I've got pain in my shoulders and tummy

But walking around or rocking back and forth seems to help get rid of the gas

I am still very tired and keep dropping off to sleep but I am sure that's the antistatic still in my system.

The paracetamol isn't much help so may have to seek out something a little stronger

Hopefully we'll all feel better soon

Lissa

• Posted

Hiya,

Yeah I'm the same feel fine then in so much pain.

Oh wow that's soon I'm back in the 30th so sure il be fine.

Feeling quite bruised today and achey as opposed to pain. Finger cross I don't have a lot of pain today!

Made a banana smoothie t his morning it went down quite well.

Jasmin x

• Posted

Hi Lissa

I hope so too, I'm back at work tomorrow (ive a desk job) wish me luck lol

I feel ok except every time I drink it sets off the wind pain again 😞 x

• Posted

Hi jasmin

Sounds like you r doing really well 😊. I'm struggling with the protein shakes and smoothies they gone me awful gas pain mainly having Apple juice and water to be honest with peppermint tea every now and again.

My mouth is so dry and my teeth feel furry! Lol I just want to feel normal again or at least get to the end of this juice thing! Lol x

• Posted

Mat how do u feel with the tea it makes me gag 😔. Flavoured water is going down well with me 😀
    • Posted

Eurgghh it's giving me a furry tongue lol not a herbal tea girl 😂 x
    • Posted

Oh no lol me either liquids are also getting boring can u eat x
    • Posted

I'm not allowed till a week on Friday 😭 lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.