Gastric Sleeve in France

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, 

I'm wanting to have a gastic sleeve in Le Havre in France.  I understand a lady called Tullia is very helpful and the price appears to be great. I have a BMI of 32 and have yo-yoed in weight all of my life - up and down and getting bigger each time.  I need a GP referal which is fine but I wondered if anyone could give me any advice/expereince regarding the lady and the huge French hospital?  It would be great to hear of any stories, good or bad.  Thanks, Davey.  

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear All,

I wanted to update you as I have just turned one year post operation.

I am now at 10 stone 2lb.  I was 17 stone 7lbs.  I am MUCH slimmer.  I look TOTALLY different.  I cannot eat NEARLY the food I once ate.  I am just getting to the stage where I can eat small portions of ANYTHING.  I can now, also, drink a pint over a one hour period.  

I cannot, however, eat a meal without feeling STUFFED.  Imagine you’ve eaten so much you feel like bursting, I mean Really bursting.  That’s how you feel when you’ve eaten a really tiny meal.

I am starting to get hungry.  It’s not the same as before by any stretch, but I get a slight feeling of acid in my tummy which reminds me it’s time to eat.  However, I can get rid of that feeling by drinking a glass of water.  

I had a problem with hair loss (read backwards in my threads) but this appears to have stopped.  Thankfully!

I’ve gone from being the fat guy to being the skinny guy.  People STILL do not recognise me in casual passing.  I moved house a few weeks ago, and my new neighbours do not know the fat me, but only that I’m really slim.  

I still feels untrue.

If you are considering an overseas bariatric surgery please look back at my posts as I’ve tried to help people with my experience.  

If you have any questions that cannot be answered in my two threads, Personal Message me on this site.  I’ve spoken with a number of people who’ve had the same op as me, andit’s been great to hear how well they’re doing.  

Davey. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.