Gastrisis/Anxiety. Not the best.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, So my problems started in February.

I woke up with stomach ache/burning pain which got progressively worse. I got checked over at hospital and they said it was gastroenteritis. It carried on for weeks, went to my GP who referred me for a camera... It was then i was told i had gastrisis (immflamation of the stomach).

Since then ive been taking omeprazole and gaviscon which did help and i managed to get off them eventually. Then it came back, then went, then came back and went again.I seem to have a flare up every now and again which lasts a few weeks. The only problem is i think it may be anxiety thats bringing it on, When i looked up reasons why you get gastrisis, Anxiety was the only one that stood out to me. I had an operation early this year which caused me mega stress/worry and i think thats why i got gastrisis in the first place. Right now im struggling to cope, the gastrisis is back because im worried again but i cant stop.I dont even know properly what im worried about, i just feel on edge/twitchy, When i walk i seem to get pain under my ribs (not actually sure if i am or the anxiety is making me think i am).

Also ive noticed certain foods dont agree with me (usually the foods i love!) I had a bag of crisps on holiday and had terrible pain after, then was sick and it eased off in a few hours.

I'm worried im just stuck in a rut with no way out, the anxiety starts and the gastrisis starts, then it goes. then the circle comes back around.

Is their anything i could try to help with my problems - i think if i could get on top of the anxiety the gastrisis will go again, and hopefully not return if i can keep myself calm for long enough to actually get the gastrisis to heal.

I'm really fed up and could do with some advice.

P.s Im a 25 year old, and have never suffered with anxiety previous to all this (at least i dont think i have), Also the gastrisis now even flared up is nowhere near as bad as it was in January, Every flare up seems to be better than the last.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How did you get on laura?? X
    • Posted

Hi I'm 100% ok now. I had it for 8 months in total. I feel like a different person now, how are you getting on with it?

• Posted

Hi Laura, can you tell me how you healed back to 100%? What meds and diet etc. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.