Gastritis,

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I have diagnosed with Gastritis problem almost 7 months ago, The PH test was also positive, I took the medication for 2 months including antibiotics and espramozole with some some other tablets, after two months The HP test was negative,

I have had Endscopy three times, after two months of medication doctor did the endscopy and he said the stomac looks okey now, After 4 months, Now I feel irritation again in the stomach, just in the centre I guess its called Esophagus.

I did HP test again it was negative, I am using omeprazole for last one month, I feel litte okey now, but not completely well.

What I felt is this is more related to Diet, I am damn confused what to eat or not,

I am using mostly Low fat milk, Yougurt, vegitables, Ginger, fruits mostly bananas.

Whenever I eat anything oily I feel the irritation,

Can somebody suggest me what should I eat or drink ?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Islam, try food combining.  Basically no protein and starch together.  Also yogurt and bananas can be trigger foods for some people, try leaving them both out.  see if things mprove, then add them back in one at a time. With food combining a banana is a starch and also a fruit and should really be eaten in isolation not with anything else.
    • Posted

Hi Chopsy, Thanks for your response. Here is my daily routein diet. 

Breakfast: Two boiled Eggs(Only white portion) OAT mixed with Low fat milk, and an boilled apple. 

afte 2, hours I eat 2 bnanas, 

Lunch: Mostly low fat yougurt with any vegitable some times chiken, or fish.

after 2 or 3 hours again bnana with with milk.

Dinner: Low fat yogurt plus any vegitable. 

I do workout after mostly after dinner, for that some times i make Milkshake of bnana and strawberries. 

So what exactlly is good to eat in a daily routein ? Which fruits. IS BROWN BREAD GOOD ?

• Posted

I follow a different food intake. Soft boiled or pouched eggs. You want the yoke too for protein and cooked soft. No fried foods. Fruits that are not real citrus like strawberries blueberries Mellon. Try eliminate milk and use soy or almond. Use Kefir yogurt in a bottle. Stay off bread and grains for awhile. Eat cottage cheese with eggs. No pepper but salt from shaker. Baked chicken and fish. Steak medium to rare. No bacon or other processed meats from the deli and eliminate oils. Use only butter or lard. I do take supplements and be sure to get minerals like selenium an magnesium. Try and see how you feel. I feel great on this diet.

• Posted

Hi Islam, your diet is extremely restictive and could add loads to your problems.  Fad dieting is a well known contributory factor towards heartburn. Working out after a meal is also going to give you problems, maybe just walking after meal, but things like crunches, sit ups that type of stuff is squashing your stomach all the time. Islam before I continue are you in UK??
    • Posted

Yogurt is 'off milk' and therefore sour. Even though it is alkaline.  I will think about what you should do and post it.  Just need a bit of time to type it all out.

Basically, No protein and starch, so no meat and potatoes/pasta/rice, but Ok with any vegetable/salad etc.  Perhaps start with this.  When having starch ie your oats have with almond milk or water so you are not mixing starch and protein (milk is protein)

Got this??

• Posted

What I understand is NO MILK, MEAT, RICE, PASTA, but Yougurt is okey as its off Milk right ? 
    • Posted

Yes, correct NO MILK. Meat, rice pasta all OK BUT as follows

MEAT/FISH/EGGS with Vegetables only - NO STARCH.  STARCH = PASTA RICE POTATOES.

EAT STARCH WITH Green and leafy/salads/vegetables only = Broccolli/ salads/ carrots/beetroot/ anything whcih is vegetable - but not potatoes.

Islam - just star gently, so breakfast to start with Oats with water or almond milk.  Yogurt is protein, so only eat with vegetables not other proteins.

• Posted

Chopsy Thank you so much, I was so confused about my diet, Now I feel like half of the problem I created by myself, I have using milk for more than 6 months, No wonder why this stomach pain is not going away.. 

Anyways do had the Gastritis ? How long it took for you to recover ? How old are you ? I am 32

• Posted

Islam, Please please please just go steadily and small changes. and contact me for more advice.  

If you must eat bananas eat them in isolation. On their own not with other things. 

I'm 57, and yes severe gastritis. always a battle.  Hard for you at 32 much too young to have it.

And remember, a big remember things take time weeks not days !!!!

• Posted

Chopsy yeah everybody says its too early to have gastritis.. 

well I will start with Cut off Milk and banans at first cuz I am using these two very much these days... You Live in UK ?

• Posted

yes excellent idea, for at least a month (no Milk/no bananas. Try almond milk. Soy milk is protein X Yep the UK. We have a big vote here on Thursday !!!!
    • Posted

Yes Britain is voting as to whether to stay in the EU.  
    • Posted

waw thats big thing happening then.. UK is not in EU right ?
    • Posted

Okey, but EURO is not the currency there, and As people can travel in europe without any visa, when it comes to go to UK they need Visa, why so ?
    • Posted

Hey Islam, we will get booted off this site cos it is health issues.  If you want to carry on friend me on facebook:

Tracey Jane Ball

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.