Gastritis and Reflux - Fecal transplant, intestinal flora

Posted , 8 users are following.

There has been a lot of news stories about individuals who suffers from cronic digestive disorders and were near death, but had a fecal transplant and withing days began to make dramatic improvement.  Tell us your story if you have had such a procedure.  According to medical journals, there may be at least 500 different species of gut flora in the normal human digestive system.  Most supplements contain only 5 to 10 different species.  Most of us have taken antibiotics numerous times.  If we kill everything off with an antibiotic, can we ever fully recover on our own? Could this be the root cause of our digestive problems?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you look up all my previous postings, you will see that my chronic sore throat/ gerd/ airway reflux/ lpr or whatever I have all started early 2014 after a few rounds of antibiotics. I wanted to kill an infection that I now believe I never had. Right after the antibiotics, Gerd like symptoms have been present and have never gone away even with various diet and medications. 
    • Posted

Wow!  That is quite the experience.  I had a similar experience but just recently assocciated the two.  Mainly because I am still struggling with the reflux issue.  See the comment above by anastasia51692 .  I'm looking into the probiotic in liquid form called symprove .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.