Gastritis and Shoulder blade soreness?

Posted , 21 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

A month ago I started having a ton of issues including stomach pain and pain underneath my shoulder blades that almost felt like crampy heartburn.  I got an endoscopy done and found out I have mild gastritis and barretts esophagus.  I still have this shoulder blade pain every day a month later and it is mostly on the right side.  It feels like it wraps around the front a bit.  Some parts of my back and ribs are sore to the touch.  It kind of feels like my shoulder blade is going to come out of place if i move too much.  I am very worried that there is something wrong with my gallbladder or another organ.  I have been to the ER four times in the past month and all the doctors said the back pain is from the gastritis. I am currently on zantac once a day for the stomach acid.  Does this shoulder blade pain sound normal with gastritis?

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello,

Did you ever find out what was causing these symtoms and are you better now? I am feeling the same and it’s really getting me down at the moment.

• Posted

Have you had the scope? I am debating whether to have it or try to get by
  • Posted

Have the same symptoms, have your doctor's check your pancreas, have bloodwork done to have your emzine level checked. You could have Pancreatitis, will cause heartburn symptoms in the pit of your back and shoulder blade and neck. If your bloodwork shows a very high emzine level, I had this problem and had to be put in the hospital for 4 days, put on an IV and only had icechips for 3 days to calm down my pancreas. Hope this may help all of you good luck and good health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.