Gastritis, can't gain weight

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please help me gain weight. I have been on a bland, high fiber diet for the last 3 years. I had gastritis episode a few weeks ago lost 5 lbs. and can't gain weight. Doesn't matter whether I cheat or not. Just not gaining. Really need some tips. Dr. says that if I fall below 150lbs. I will be in trouble. Feel like I am already there. I have gastritis and gerd.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sounds a bit what i was like until i went on holiday. i was eating high fibre and healthy foods . i was watching everything i ate and cut out tea coffee alcohol and fizzy drinks to try and cure my gastritis. Then i went on holiday to gran canaria and ate what i wanted and drank what i wanted including quite a lot of beer. Dont know whether it was the sunshine or something (healthy) i had stopped eating for a week but my gastritis cleared up and i am still not suffering from my normal ibs or gastritis. yet. Now im not saying forget healthy food and go on a binge but maybe change things around a bit

• Posted

Thanks for your input Jason00106. I am currently trying to eat more white rice and bland chicken. My usual "Small" meals have to be at least 100 calories more than usual, so it is now a normal size meal. My stomach is sticking out but I have only gained a small amount.

• Posted

I think you should make changes in you food habit, because too much fiber in the diet can cause bloating, gas, and constipation. You can relieve this discomfort by increasing their fluid intake, exercising, and making dietary changes. this may be the side effect of taking excessive fiber.

• Posted

Consult to a dietitian about your weight and see if you can get any advice there. Don't take any stress about your health as anxiety can cause weight loss. You can doing for your health Like proper exercise such as walking and doing things you enjoy can help and eat healthy food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.