Gastritis caused by H. Pylori

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all,

My name is Andrew, I'm 19 years old and was diagonused with h pylori in November 2017. After it was removed (sometime in December), my endoscopy showed inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis).

I've been fighting this awful battle for 3 months and I just want to know if it ever gets back to normal? 

Will i ever be able to eat the foods I used to eat,  and will I ever get my life back? I just want to know if I'll ever feel 100% normal again or am I just doomed? Will I always have to alter my diet? Because even altering my diet doesn't really help, I have so much pain in my stomach after eating and I vomit or get nausea a lot. The depression, stress, and the physical/mental illness this has brought me is very overwhelming, and I don't know how much more I can take. I don't want advice on how to deal with gastritis, I've read/heard plenty on that. What I don't ever seem to see is anybody that's gone through this, and says that at some point it gets back to normal. I don't want to live like this... I can't live like this. Life is no longer enjoyable because of this horrible illness, and I just want to hear someone's story of who had this, and is now 100% better. If that even exists. Thank you.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I want to offer hope to everyone here suffering from this awful illness that one day you will get out of it.. I was diagnosed with severe H.pylori induced gastritis back in July last year, I was having symptoms like nausea, abdominal burning pain, sore throats, heartburn and many more... I was stressed because every doctor was prescribing PPIs and antacid which weren't giving much relief, I got severe illness anxiety.. I spent much on unproven cures, I cancelled so many appointments, I was turning into the mad man.. My family and friends seldom understand my situation cos I'm not losing weight. With prayers I'm now 85% better and no anxiety and my stomach is taking much and telling me that I will get back to 100% in a matter of weeks.. I think lots of the pains from gastritis are drive from stress and anxiety... Shoutout to all of us with this illness together we will get cured....

• Posted

Hi Ahmad, 

Just checking up, and wondering how you feel? Any improvement? For me I haven't been able to get better, I've had a CAT scan which showed nothing. so I don't truly understand where I'm at. I'm still getting lots of acid reflux/vomit and pain. I'm super stressed and depressed and have almost lost will to live. 

• Posted

Having the same problem for 18 months now, also living in Africa. This mastic gum everyone's suggesting isn't found anywhere, and DGL is usually found combined with Antacids. Otherwise, does anyone know anything about cabbage juice?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.