gastritis wont go away! what should i be doing?

Posted , 9 users are following.

i had a second endoscopy done at a public hospital and the doctor told me that all he saw that i had was gastritis.  ive had this for the past two years on and off again, why wont it go away for good?  what am i doing wrong here?  ive been trying to following dieting tips that i found online and avoiding all kinds of certain foods and beverages and even at that my gastritis wont go away, what´s going on here?  is it me or is my gastritis that bad that it simply wont heal?  will drinking aloe juice really cure it?  why wont my gastritis heal and go away 100%?  why is nothing working here?  am i not being strict enough with my diet?  what will get rid of gastritis to the point where it will no longer be in my stomach???  is it diet, prescription medication, eating 3-4 hours before bedtime, ect.......?  can a gastritis expert please tell me what is going on here or what am i doing wrong here?  rsvp.  thank you.  

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What meds are you taking and list what you eat on a daily basis?
  • Posted

Hi....

I m New to this discussion forum....

I need some reassurance...

I have been diagnosed with h pylori chronic active gastritis.... the bacteria has been eradicated but still I m on ppi's.... i m on bland diet but sometimes I do take little bit spicy food....And have stomach discomforts...

I just want to know...weather anybody on this forum has completely cured with this condition....but how long does it takes to heal completely???

• Posted

If it’s acute, it usually takes several days or a few weeks to go away. But for chronic gastritis, the symptoms usually come and go which can last for many weeks or months  and even years if left untreated.

I would avoid spicy foods completely if it irritates your gastritis.  Milk may help to soothe your stomach and reduce acid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.