Gathering Lots of Information

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone tell me when it is safe to bend down?  How about just a slight bend to get something out of a cupboard?  I am keeping a journal so when I have my op (hopefully in February) I will know exactly what I can do and what I cannot!  I am planning it like a project and hope to come out the other end 100% fit, with all problems solved (fingers doubly crossed!) Warmest Wishes, Jacqui 

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree role model !!!.wow much better name tha p★★sy pants lol.

but this sight is brilliant and I have been privelaged to be chatting to incredibly brave ladies.Just wish I had joined prior to op to get some advise from those who had been through it.

Best wishes

Lu

• Posted

Hi Luisa 

I know what you mean.  I am so grateful I discovered this site, the helpful information from everyone of what to prepare for and also hearing everybody's unique experiences really makes a difference especially taking away some of the fear (I will always have some fear because I am a total wimp) and in a strange way has made me look forward to the op.  

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Luisa

Did you take any Japanese Peppermint Oil for the gas?  I've been reading that it is good for the pain and getting rid of the gas!  I mean I don't want to blow the consultant's head off just as he is feeding me my grapes do I?

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hahaha well ive taken peppermint tea a few times as I suffer with IBS and that eases it alot, didnt think of oil tho, that would have hepled prevent some embarrassing moments

• Posted

Hi Luisa Right oh, have just sent off for some on Amazon, I am like a girl guide 'be prepared' my case is getting bigger and bigger, I will need a removal lorry soon! 

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hey Luisa...omg... I was told by dr. to drink Peppermint Tea when I came home... WORKED SOOOOOOOOO WELL, and I enjoyed it with a lil' cream! mmmmmmmm

It took care of ALL those issues.. good fix!

• Posted

Oooh not tried it with cream, sounds nicer, will have to give that one a go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.