Gee . . . I didn't know I was lucky!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been sick for 11 years and thought I had heard all the horrible things someone could say regarding my 'invisible' illness.  And yet . . .  I was explaining ME to a co-worker.  I informed her of my symptoms and how difficult my life was.  I told her how often I get really sick, the huge number of doctors visits, the feeling like I have the flu everyday, etc.  My co-worker smiled at me and said I was lucky.  I leaned on my cane and with some caution asked why.  She said that me being sick is a blessing from god because I now know the pain of Jesus.  This makes me blessed and I should embrace being sick.  I should work on enjoying being sick and not on symptom relief or eventually a cure.  She said I was LUCKY!  Do you think I showed too much restraint by not thwacking her with my cane?  Anyway, this response was a new one on me.  Odd what people will say when they find out you have a chronic disease.

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ravenwood.

What a silly woman! She doesn't know what she's talking about. People who envy other people's sickness are much sicker than we.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.