General unwell feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anybody with gallbladder problems feel generally unwell and weak 24/7 even when not having an attack ?

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes this was me literally everyday for 4 months like you cant do anything for yourself, its always mostly after i have a bowel movement and it was affecting my mental health too, but i just had my gallbladder removed yesterday hopefully a few of my issues go away or lessens because i could feel some physical symtoms already going away

• Posted

yeah its awfull literally cant do anything , hopefully getting it out will fix it

• Posted

Hi Beth77670, When at my worst yes this is exactly how you feel and yes it affects your mental well being. Because you become so depleted through sickness and your then not getting all the nutrients from food that you would normally get through diet, your body reacts in many ways. I started taking vitamins supplements because of it as I was eating so little. Even though my existing diet has attacks under control and actually is quite healthy as I am eating more Veg and Fruit than I normally do, I still take a general Vitamin supplement.

I certainly cannot cope with day to day issues very well, I feel very much like I am not in control of things or decisions, I know I am depressed because I cannot eat what I normally would and when I go food shopping, it really is torment not picking up those treats like cakes!

• Posted

thats what got me to have depression and really bad anxiety,mines was so bad that i felt so sad and detach from my family and myself and am still battling with it just not as bad, but yes i feel like my body wasnt getting proper vitamins like litterally dont digest them anymore, i was really trying to avoid surgery since 2015 but it has gotten to the point i was so stress about when will be my next flare up and i had a flare like everyday to every other day even when i cut out and down eating everything

• Posted

Hi I really feel for you, I know how bad it gets I truly do and I have got to wait until Jan just to see if they will give me a HIDA test. I do have to stress it was this site that saved my woes because I felt all alone but as you can see there are many people in the same position and stories.

Thats the one thing that destroys you, when you can only eat certain foods and over, an over again. I was at the point ALL foods that I eat were doing me harm so I basically eat Chicken with different Veggies and fruit, I lose about a pound in weight a week. I lost 2 Stone in Dec and Jan as I was down to Porridge only! Anyway I'm lucky my GB has calmed down on a certain diet, I am considering doing a Gall Bladder / Liver flush, some says its bad and others say if done properly it works but it depends on your situation.

I send my wishes to you and hope your well soon.

• Posted

will u be doing the surgery or no?

• Posted

keep us posted i feel for you because am in this position right now and hopefully my recovery is great what were some of you symtoms my 2 main ones were burning feeling in my back and reflux issue and so far day 3 i notice after surgery they are gone hopefully the other ones go away i know its going to take time

• Posted

i all started with constant nausea and digestive issues for a two years then i suddenly got a bad pain in my right upper abdomen and shoulder and been left with a pretty much constant dull ache pain with nausea and fatigue . i have had two more attacks since then aswell but food does not effect me too much , only makes my feel slightly more nauseous.

• Posted

hi guys, I just had a catscan today for possible bad gallbladder.everyone has different symptoms.was just wondering if severe bloating of the stomach,constipation I dont have nauseau or vomiting .I've been using peptic to sooth my stomach which has darkened my stool whereas before it was not normal movements and a clay color with mucus.burning in my chest dont know if that's from anxiety or the gallbladder.im just miserable now I eat but have really just lost my appetite. does anyone have similiar symptoms?thanks😟😕

• Posted

hi i felt like i wrote this because this is exactly what i went through and still kind of going through it because its been only 3 days since my surgery anyways this is all the symptoms i had except my stool was yellow with mucus but the surgeon said when theres a imflammation or chronic gallbladder issue the stool is clay but yes thats a gallbladdler issues, have they found anything?

• Posted

yes i get the severe bloating and constipation , i do have the yellow stools but not all the time.

• Posted

you know my stool has been all different colors it was yellowish green and the constipation i had to give myself enema because nothing would come out.i just had the catscan today and am having a colonoscopy Friday.i don't get the pains under the right ribcage and I've been eatting bland food so my stomach won't hurt.not very hungry anyways. did you have a catscan.i have a hydascan but not until Nov.14.this is unbearable.don't feel like walking or going anywhere. i also have a prolapsed bladder so that's not helping.did u get pains in your chest?

• Posted

yeh in the beginning it was disgusting yellowish with mucus.when I take pepto of course its dark then I had normal color but with black spots( I'm looking way to close😉) today with all that beriun I went but now its blocking up again. I feel like I'm 4 months pregnant!

• Posted

just had cat scan today ill see my Dr.Friday when go for colonoscopy.

• Posted

yes lots of chest pain, back pain, shoulder pain, sharp pain under my right boob especially when i eat. they didnt do a catscan maybe different country, didnt policies? only thing they gave me was ultrasound and blood work, bloodwork only showed my bloodcount was low and i never had this issue before but its now back to normal after taking iron pills, my ultrasound showed lots and lots of stones in my gallbladder but the symptoms were unbeareable to the point i was having really bad reflux issues that was causing my heart to race and also i notice i started to have eye issue like severe dry eye issue and i never had that before but i dont know if thats link to gallbladder. my stool it started off really bad diarrihea to the point i got so dehydrated and weak so i think me been really bad dehydrated trigger other things and then ill get very constipated and in the beginning my stool was all type of color as well and a week before my surgery it turn yellow sorry for such a long reply

• Posted

your fine with your reply.😉 I'm in Florida I guess a catscan gets alittle more indepth with your insides.well at least I know I'm not the only one with chest pains.I know if I lay a certain way I can feel in my back but not bad under ribcage.mainly right under my breastbone.I just weaned off a medicine alittle over a month ago and still have some anxiety but now I think it's coming from this issue.feel like I'm walking around with a bowling ball in my gut!😕😕

• Posted

We all get different symptoms I'm afraid but you seem to have classic ones Gall Bladder can cause both diarrhea & constipation and when I was at my worst with this I had all the colours you have mentioned, at that time I thought it was Diverticulitis but turned out not to be.

You will naturally get anxiety as you have to eat different foods to please the Gall Bladder so do not worry about that, chest pain is normal and shoulder pain is normal and that's because your Liver is affected as the Liver and Gall Bladder work together. The Liver squeezes the Gall Bladder when it wants bile to enter the gut, so if the bile duct is blocked by a stone or sludge this can back fill to the Liver.

This in turn is why your stool has different colours because your gut does not have the appropriate amount of bile, the gut then cannot break down the food ,so it comes out different colours and why constipation can happen, thus we can understand your now having to eat foods which can brake down easily. They say you do not need the Gall Bladder but after my research I would say that is complete BS and you only have to read the many posts in here which tell stories of problems after extraction but again some people sail through and don't suffer. Once the Gall Bladder is taken out it can mean your diet has to change accordingly for life, as the Liver instead of passing bile into the Gall Bladder to store for when eating, it just drips bile all the time and this is why some need to take anti acid medication afterwards.

Sometimes your Gall Bladder is so ill there is no choice but to take it out but if you go on You Tube there is much more info about the Gall Bladder and I learned a little ditty from it! "A Dr will want to prescribe medicine, a Surgeon will want to cut it out", there are few that will give advice about keeping it?????

• Posted

if it is the gallbladder I want it out.I'm not going to live with stomach pressure and all the other crap that goes along with it.hard to function with this.making me miserable.I just got done weaning off of gabapentin.been alittle over a month and that was hard.I do have anxiety pills from that still and use when needed but am getting off of those once this is fixed.all the friends I know that have had gallbladder out say they are fine.we'll see what the catscan shows. thanks

• Posted

how are the anxiety pill, do they calm your symptoms? i swear i need some because my anxiety got bad ever since my gallbladder acted up and i really cant function most the time

• Posted

they work fairly well for my nervousness.cant remember did you have yours taken out? I completely understand about barely functioning.its horrible.I just want to be my relaxed self before all this mess started

• Posted

hey Sam did it feel like your belly was pressing on your diaphram making you short of breath,which in turn makes your chest tight?? thanks

• Posted

I have come off Gaberpentin for exactly the same reason, when at my worst with Gall Bladder I thought i was going crazy and my Dr said "This is not a good drug when your suffering with anxiety" and boy did I know it. I was originally taking it for nerve issues but not very good when your suffering with GB, it made me hyper.

• Posted

i had this too but i always thought it was anxiety, but its crazy how i had it mainly when my acid reflux would acted up and then ill freak out

• Posted

mine was for rls.but I forgot to take it for acouple days and all hell broke lose

so I weaned off of it.i dpnt know. if it made my gb act up or not.I have my tube down the throat thing and colon Fri.i have a hydascan but not until Nov 14.I honestly don't think i can deal with all this until then i would thinl the catscan would show.and im going to tell my Dr when i go in friday

• Posted

i know today it felt like something pushing on my diaphram making me winded.its scary.i cant wait 2 more weeks for a hydascan.just going to the grocery store is hard on me

• Posted

i wouldnt really say its from gb but its from the stress of dealing with gallbladder problems that causes anxiety.

• Posted

could be.def. will be talking to my Dr.when i go in for my procedures about speeding this up.if i had a catscan it should show up.

• Posted

Hi Vivian12845, Gaberpentin with Gall Bladder is not good.

I maybe should have re worded my comment, Gaberpentin should not affect your Gall Bladder but it will not help with the stress your under if the Gall Bladder is playing up. The Gall Bladder will make you anxious because you have to eat differently because of it, thus your not getting the proper nutrients your body needs and as the Liver is also involved with the Gall Bladder some people suffer with Anxiety.

I was down to eating Porridge only until I found out other things I could eat and was then after 2 months able to control attacks.

So the Gall Bladder alone CAN give you anxiety, lets face it the pain in the chest can feel like a heart attack, that's enough to give anyone anxiety????????????

• Posted

I've been weaned off of the gabapentin alittle over a month.I don't think the 2 are related it just happened at the wrong time.i still have anxiety whether its feom lasting effects from the gabby or from this issue with my stomach which is taking a toll on me emotionally and physically.i just can't function im weak from not being able to eat properly and with the stomach hurting constantly the squeezing in the chest.right now im fasting for my endopoty and colonlonoscopy tomorrow. just afraid the Dr is going to tell me nothings wrong but i know there is.I have neverhad stomach issues.

• Posted

Hi again that is exactly right what you have said. The body needs protein to heal and most of that comes from meat so if you cant eat it, then you can understand why you feel anxiety and not feel good in wellbeing.

I thought I was going mad when mine was at its worst and most of that was anxiety as my diet was getting less and less. I lost 2 stone (28Lb) in a month and a bit.

Well I had Endoscopy and Colonoscopy and I was told nothing wrong and that was when I made a big mistake because that gave me the all clear to try other foods and that's when I found out nothing in my food cupboards could I eat and that was everything.

So it will be good news to hear your clear as well it will be something off the list for you to worry about.

• Posted

well my tests went fine.I still have the hida test on 14th for gallbladder.if tjat shows up fine then maybe its just effects from getting off the gabapentin.he wrote me a script for constipation med i take a hydrocodone at nighr for my rls but this script is over 300.00 and my insurance won't cover it so forget that.and all the reviews i read were don't take this it will give severe cramps.well t j ata the last thing i need.sp i started taking fiber and eatting fruits and vegetables and chicken.I've lost 10 lbs but i still have to take anxiety meds.im just wondering if this stomach issue is an after effect of weaning off the gabapentin.

• Posted

Hi Vivian, When you started Gaberpentin did you have any side effects? I had bad balance issues along with nausea and eyes affected.

When I came off it I had nothing. I had nothing wrong with my tummy with the drug, that I can remember. But when this started the anxiety from the Gall Bladder did affect me and the drug which is why I came off it.

Try and make a written note of what you eat and how your body responds, IF its your GB you will find your limited to what you can eat.

I found Dairy to be the main culprit.

Your HIDA scan will hopefully give you the final answer and I wish I had one on the 14th so I could move on in life that is for sure. The not knowing what it is makes it worse. Your diet sounds good to me. If it is Dairy then you can have Soya milk that's what I have done I know its yuk in tea but I have CoffeeMate in Coffee not that I drink a lot just a hot drink in the morning but I have gone onto Green Tea now which I can bare without milk. Good luck on the 14th anyway.

• Posted

when i first started gabby i felt like i was drunk bad balance issues but that subsided.but weaning off of it was horrendous.how long were u on it for? some people come off of it with no problems then there's people like me who are so sensitive to it.I've been eatting foods with fiber in it.drinking benefiber lots of water.I did splurge today and had a caffiene free coke.hadn't had one in 3 months.i take an ex lax and tjat really cleans me out which makes me feel alittle better.the endoscopy showed some gastritis but he didn't seem too concerned must have been just slight.if the hida scan is normal maybe this is after effects from the gabby? i don't know.

• Posted

I replied ro you But for some reason its waiting to be moderated😕

• Posted

was really wobbly at first but went away.just glad im off of it.the stomach showed alittle gastritis but he didn't mention it ao it must be slight. i take pepto to help with stomach.eatting more fiber.no red meat.just chicken or fish or other simple foods.i think this may have been why im not feeling good and weak cause I'm not getting much protein.ill have my his test then go see the doc.for results.

• Posted

Yes that was one of the things I suffered with losing balance they wanted me to take a higher dose but I got to 6 x 100gm and could not cope with it. Then as I say when this Gall Bladder hit me I was very bad and my Dr reckons this is a side effect from it, I was already stressed but this made me hyper, so I was weened off of it. Wont take it again. Yes again with the gastritis but again I was put on medication and this just made diarrhea/loose stool worse, never solved anything.

So right now I am on the medication that I know what helps but not the Gall Bladder. I am very lucky that I have mine under control through Diet which is mainly Veggies and Fruit and I take Vitamin food supplements which I know is not worth much but anything has got to be better than nothing. I am also lucky I can eat the same food stuffs over and over and not get bored. It is when I am shopping that is worse as everything is there that you used to eat but now cannot have that drives me around the twist.

• Posted

I so regret ever getting on this medicine.i will never use it again! my gp prescribed perscription zantac. and my anxiety meds. ill see what all my results of the tests next week.if its not the gallbladder I don't know wjat it could be.just want to feel better

• Posted

Hi Well everything you have said points to GB and not forgetting that your Liver which is connected to it maybe be affected. Shoulder pain or ache really leads you to Liver but I know when my GB was very bad the ache traveled from lower right and up my back, I don't believe to the shoulder but chest level and the really scary thing was I once felt it move from left arm pit and it slowly moved across my chest to the right arm pit it was truly scary, as if something was alive. If it started in the center of my chest it would always go to my left arm pit for some reason, I am assuming this is the Pancreas getting involved but have not heard much about left arm pit aches. It is no wonder anxiety comes into play because when in the chest it really does feel like your going to have a heart attack.

• Posted

Julian, thanks for the soothing words.today was a bad day(I lost the last post you sent me) this is just giving me anxiety/depression.i am one to dwell on things no matter how hard i try to put it tp the back of my mind.I KNOW something is wrong and am just afraid they will say "oh everything is fine" which I know is not.I just got done weaning off of gabapentin(42 days) and that was hell! i don't know if the weaning aggravated this and got it going but not fun. I know my mother had gallstones but she was in no shape for an operation. they may have to give me something to just keep me calm.this is such a long process between tests,Dr. appts. thanks julian

• Posted

Hi Vivian Gaberpentin will not have helped with your Anxiety that is for sure, while it does deal well for nerve issues its not good for mental state of mind. Also sweety do not for get this stuff is in your system even though your not taking it anymore. I know you weaned off of it but if you have taken it for some time it within you. This is what the Liver tackles with getting those toxins out your body and now you have GB issues I think? But GB issues most certainly will make you anxious. I shall be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you at least get your answer through the test, you will be surprised how much stress can be taken away just knowing whats wrong, I know I was when I 1st came onto this site. I was just so relieved that I was not alone. You take care of yourself and hope to see a post tomorrow saying yippee ............

• Posted

vivian what your experiencing with the Gabba is called withdrawal. Here's the problem with things like gabba and opiates.. when you start a pharmaceutical that passes the blood brain barrier your neurons and chemicals in your brain say "oh ok you got this, I'll stop working then" talking to the pills (whatever they are) here's the problem..let's say your on vicodin for a dental procedure and your prescribed 2 pills a day for 6 months. Drugs have a half life and whatever that is gets factored with how long you took the drug (dependent on the pill) that is how long until your body then starts re-firing neurons and producing those normal brain chemicals it used to do without the pills things like dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin etc (chemicals that cause the happiness you feel from chocolate or sex) this can happen with antidepressants, anti anxiety pills, pain killers or anything that passes the blood brain barrier (most pharmaceuticals) so your symptoms unfortunately are part of what is called withdrawl and until those neurons start firing and talking to the neuro transmitters in your brain these symptoms will continue. THIS is why addicts have such a hard time getting off their drug of choice! The drug of choice is irrelevant whether heroin or antidepressants the longer you take something the longer your brain needs to heal and you will be without those vital happy chemicals. I had to join on here just to try to help shine some light onto this for you as I wanted to give you hope it's not permanent but will be almost impossible to quit the gabba without just adding other drugs unless they tapered and weaned you down slow enough and trust me it has to be slow enough! I read you take vicodin at night? I hope your Dr told you how much harder it is to get off those hydrocodone pills? gabba is like tylenol compared to the withdrawl of hydrocodone! let me know if I can help in any way I know what your going through!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.