General unwell feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anybody with gallbladder problems feel generally unwell and weak 24/7 even when not having an attack ?

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yep. I've never felt so unwell with every gallbladder symptom going. I started to complain to my GP of feeling unwell over 2 years ago. I got referred for surgery nearly a year ago. I saw the surgery team in Feb who said no to removal and referred me back to the gastro and i'm still waiting! Yep still bloody waiting!

I've never suffered from depression but i do now. My GP asked me last week if i would like to see a psychiatrist, i could of thrown him out the window!!! I've been nothing but mucked about whilst feeling like death.

• Posted

Hi Beth77670, you will feel unwell because your not able to eat your usual diet for one and if your not eating properly then your not going to function properly. I have had attacks and have the Gall Bladder under control, I am taking vitamins and other things to try and keep a good system working. Supplements are not the answer and in actual fact I do not have to take them now but I do. This problem has turned me into a healthy eater as I am eating veggies and fruit like never before but you still have an imbalance with other foods you cannot eat because of not eating fats or in my case Dairy! My whole diet before this happened was Dairy and meat and its probable that this is what has caused my illness with the Gall Bladder in the first place?

So yes you will suffer with fatigue alone, as feeling sick most the time is not good. There were times I could not be far from the toilet I might add.

The Gall Bladder will give you similar symptoms to others as you will read on this site but it may well give you different symptoms, as to why or what is causing your Gall Bladder an issue as well. I do not have stones, I have sludge which can hide tiny stones the ultrasound cant pick up? So trying to sleep on my left side or in a semi upright position can help, I have 3 pillows propping me up of a night. I dearly wish I could sleep in a chair but I cant.

The one thing we ALL know though, is DIET is key, so finding the foods you can eat without upsetting it is really the issue.

• Posted

the one thing i dont have is vomiting maybe alittle naesea here and there but every other symptom i have. i just want it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.