Generic Health Screening Shows That I Am Healthy, Am I Still At Risk Of Having Herpes or STDs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I just did a health check up - is it a good indication as to whether I have STDs?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

did they screen u for stds ?

• Posted

Not specifically - but i'm wondering if the health screening can show signs of STDs?

• Posted

most stds dont have symptoms unless u have visable spots or warts chlamydia an the others sometimes dont have any synptoms and the only way they can be detected is by specifically testing urine or by swabs or blood test

• Posted

if you had herpes u would have visible blisters that burst and crust over within 7 days

• Posted

if you are worried u may have an std u can request they test your urine in males chlamydia and gonnorea effect the urethrain men and in women the cervix other sti like herpes and warts have visible symptoms so ud know syphalis and hiv and hepatitus can be detected by blood test u can request a test by contacting your doctor or by going to a local sexual health clinic or gum

• Posted

also if u gently squeeze the tip of the penis there is sometimes visable discharge there that can indicate weather of not u have an std if h squeeze and some white cloudy discharge is there u could have chlamydia if its thick and yellow its a sign or gonorrea

• Posted

Routine health screens do not test for stis/stds. You must ask for a test for this! Also if wondering about herpes the majority of clinics/tests don't automatically test for HSV unless requested or indicated by the presence of a lesion!

Just because you have no symptoms or any warning signs doesn't mean you are free from any infections or viruses. Most of these go undetected.

Some people never show signs of having any; eg: herpes blisters or chlamydia. If your worried get checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.