Genital herpes or jock itch/ yeast infection?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with genital herpes about 2 months ago. I was given a viral culture and a PCR test which both came back negative. I also had my only recent partner tested with an IGG blood test 3 weeks after we had sex and she was negative for both types. I had recently taken the IGG and IGM tests at six and a half weeks post-exposure. I was negative for both types for the IGG test and positive on the IGM. I recently visited my family doctor who said I don't have any signs at this point of herpes. He diagnosed me with jock itch. I was prescribed an oral medication that is one dose and is supposed to clear yeast infection / jock itch symptoms and it has done so for the most part. I am very confused because I had red bumps on my penile shaft near the base after the sexual encounter. It had cleared up in about 2 weeks but recently I have been experiencing a red sagging scrotum that doesn't itch or burn. This has cleared up sense I took the oral medication prescribed for fungal infections. I am planning on taking the IGG again at 3 months and I hope I can finally move on from this nightmare. I have been extremely tired and irritable sense this has happened. However since I took this pill called Diflucan I have felt a lot better. Maybe this means that this was either a yeast infection or jock itch. However when I had the red bumps my previous doctor said he was positive it was herpes. I'm so distressed over this and I really don't know what or who to believe right now. I'm just hoping I can get some answers and if anyone has any ideas or can provide me with some information as to what this is please do so. My symptoms have been as follows red bumps that had fluid and burst with no pain and healed with scab. Red sagging scrotum and it seems like my genitals were inflamed, anal itching (was diagnosed as well with hemmoroids however little to no pain), extreme fatigue, irritablity, had a white coating on my tongue at one point, had a large hive- like growth on my penis shaft that disappeared, and blurry vision. I know this is a lot but if anyone has any ideas please share thank you.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello jducas93

I had the same issue like you with a positive igm on hsv 2 at 5 weeks and came back negative of both igm & igg on both 1&2 at 3 months .I also did not have any herpetic symptoms like outbreaks.

But yes i had yeast infection, joint pains, white tongue, fatigue like you.

Is it was just a cross reactivity of yeast infection or something else??

Please help... Im in a dilemma thats going worse day by day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.