Genital Herpes without any blisters?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone getting gential herpes and never getting an O.B? Reason for me asking is that I have had a continous tingling/ crawling sensation in my genital area (penis, scrotum, but cheeks and anus) for 4 years. They are always there and they worsen at night. I have never had a blister or ulcer down there and I am stumped and so are my doctors as to what it could be. It all began immediately after an unprotected sexual encounter. I have been tested (blood test) for herpes and I came back hsv1 positive but I expected that as I have had coldsores since a young kid. Reasons for me thinking it is herpes is because it has not gone away after all these years and the only people who describe the same symptoms as me are people with genital herpes. Anyone with info on this would be of great help!!!!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well, if you don't wait some time to get tested, your results won't show. I can attest to having hsv1 orally, but do not test positive for it. Everyone I know who has oral herpes does not test positive for it, unless they have hsv 1 genitally. Usually the tests are based on an antibody count and I think it doesn't raise as high when it's oral, because it's such an old infection. But the majority of people w genital herpes don't have sores and slight symptoms like you or nothing at all. It definitely sounds like it. Go back and get tested, but as I said... Hsv 1 oral has never shown in my tests... But friends w hsv 1 genitally come up positive. Good luck.
    • Posted

thanks for the quick reply, I have had the blood test and I recently decided to get a culture test. The doctor swabbed my anus even though there were no present blisters. She said if we dont call in a week it means nothing has come up. It has now been 2 weeks and havnt heard from them, so I would assume nothing came up. But in saying that I heard that the culture test is only useful if blisters are present, so I dont know if this means I am okay or not. This is the first time I have heard that hsv1 orally will show up negitive in a blood test. I would go back and get tested but I have already done both methods and I dont know what to do next.
  • Posted

Hi John, have a look at the website http://www.herpes.org.uk for information. They say that often there is pain down the leg, in the buttocks etc without any blisters; this can be the virus trying to activate and your immune system fighting it off. Has some other info as well.

Another site for info is herpes .com.

Maybe try taking some L-Lysine tablets (an amino acid that hinders the virus from replicating) and eating a pineapple each day; I use the L-Lysine, 1 000 mg, twice a day, to prevent outbreaks and when I feel an outbreak starting, I take LOADS of the stuff and it does help to keep the blisters to a minimum. Others on this site have mentioned pineapple and swear by it. These two might help with the "symptoms" that you describe, if it is herpes. Hope you find out and get it sorted out and really hoping it isn't herpes!!!!!

• Posted

Thanks talullah,

I will defs try your suggestions. Its annoying because if this herpes, does it mean I am continuously contageous because these symtoms have been present for 4 years straight now, not one day have I never felt them.

• Posted

I am sure everything will be ok. Even if u do have HSV2. 

Best of Luck!

• Posted

I dont think I have hsv 2... I think I may have hsv 1 but I dont know how else I can get tested
    • Posted

If it does end up being herpes, it sounds to me as if it would be HSV2 not HSV1 that you have down in your genital area. You mentioned that you already have the cold sore virus, which is usually HSV1. Pretty sure that if you already have HSV1 orally, it is almost impossible to ALSO have it genitally. Don't quote me on that as I am no doctor, but I have HSV2 myself and have done a lot of research. But it is interesting that you've had these sensations for four years, but never had an outbreak. Anyway, I hope you find out what it is! All the best -- and if it is herpes, just know that it will all be ok smile 

• Posted

Sorry for my english.

Have you tried to change your shower gel, etc. everything that can cause an allergic reaction? Your clothes, detergents... you should try even an allergic test for foods.

I have a positive test for hsv1 from 2011 (thought it's oral) but I never had any symptom until June 2014 (genital symptoms). So it's possible not to have O.B-s.

I had this tingling sensation for months after the second outbreak (July), but it wasn't continuous, there was better days, and now I have 3-4 days in a row when everything is OK.

So maybe you have herpes, but it's odd to me that your problem of itching is continuous for years (!). If you don't have any outbreaks, it means that your immune system fights succesfully the virus, so it seems to be logic that it could fight the tingling to, for some days at least.

I hope you'll find out what it is! 

• Posted

Hi John06574

I've just joined this forum and i read your message i also know you posted it 3 years ago, i to suffer with what you have or had and I'm curious to know if you've had any luck in fixing your problem, i have posted a message if you want to read my story to get a better idea what i am putting up with.

Kind Regards

Susanne.

• Posted

Hey Susanne, I do have the same symptoms as you. Do you know if you have herpes ? 2 docters have taken a look and they Said it wasnt herpes. This was 3 months ago 😩

• Posted

This could be related to prostate issues...I'd see a urologist

• Posted

John was this ever resolved? Wondering if what you’re experiencing could be parasitic in nature such as pinworms. I ask this because you mentioned that it gets worse at night which often happens with pinworms. Specially if you’re feeling itchy as well. Just a thought. 
  • Posted

I know this is old but i have the same thing! Everyone thinks I'm crazy or making it up but I have all the symptoms of burning itching and nerve pain around my butt and down my legs but no blisters. This has been going on for a year now I was diagnosed with hsv2 after first feeling burning and itching and it has not stopped since its like everyday I feel something it's a nightmare!

• Posted

I thought I was the only person going through this. Every time I go to the doctor they claim to not know the problem. I have hsv2 and my body tingles all over almost everyday, Even though I never have an outbreak. It’s worse after a sexual encounter and unhealthy eating. It’s so annoying and I feel defeated. It’s been going on for 2 years now. Does anybody have any solutions or remedies to treat the tingling?
    • Posted

Please don't feel defeated I know it's hard trust me I've been going through it myself, if it wasn't for my belief in God I don't know what I would do. I just got my results back from my MRI I was hoping for some answers but it was a normal MRI. I go through so much anger and hurt everyday asking myself how could someone do this to me and why did God allow it, but I keep fighting for answers. I've gone on the clinical trials website seeing if they are working on a cure even contacted some university's that's working on a cure. I've emailed one about crisper cas9 that they just started human trials on in march i think i ask them when they think they will start hsv2 trails with this because right now they are focused on cancer and hiv, the response was it will be well in the future before that will be available, but I've heard great things about crisper cas9 it's a gene editing tool that goes in and cuts the defected gene from the healthy gene, like cutting the virus out. If you want to look it up just to have some hope that one day it will be a cure. Also I've noticed that taking vitamins and herbs helps I've been taking vitamin C, zinc, L lysine, a herb called lions mane it's for nerve support, vitamin D3, and rub some oil of oregano on your lower back it helps, you just have to shop around for what works look for stuff that boost your immune system and try to calm yourself read books or watch videos or listen to music to helps calm you . Hope this helps.

• Posted

I am experiencing exactly the same thing as you, all I have is nerve pain on legs and butt, no visible blisters, I went to doctor, came back hsv 2 positive. It's been going on for months! Worsen when sit or sleep! How do you feel now? Any update? 

• Posted

I have some questions, do you think you recently got it or do you think it's been a in you a while? I found out when I was burning and itching 2 weeks after I slept with the guy I was with at the time and also what was your antibody number? Mine was 20.4 igg. I'm just trying to make sense of this. It's been a yr and 3 months and I still have pain like 4 days out of a 7 day week. It's gotten better it use to be everyday! I still have burning itching and stabbing nerve pain but still no bumps

• Posted

I got it like 50 days ago, went to doctor immediately after I felt it and got tested. I don't have a number but it is hsv 2 igm positive, igg negative. I had been taking valtrex for 15 days and it did not seem to help, now I am taking lysine and Vitamin C and see if it works. Are you taking any medication? HSV 2 is so tricky, I have no idea how to deal with it.

• Posted

I was really hoping you would say you've had it for a while. I still haven't confronted the guy that gave it to me without bumps I don't know if it's an old infection that just now causes me symptoms or a new one. I'm only taking vitamins and herbs that valtrex hurts my stomach and the doctor said to not take it if I don't have bumps.

• Posted

And by the way you need to RETEST ! Igm means nothing you should never go by that even a doctor will tell you only igg can tell you for sure if you have it! I would go back and test again in a few weeks to be sure. I hope you don't have it I don't want anyone to go through the pain and humiliation I'm going through. I only hope I will get the courage to confront this heartless b*****d.

• Posted

And by the way you need to RETEST ! Igm means nothing you should never go by that even a doctor will tell you only igg can tell you for sure if you have it! I would go back and test again in a few weeks to be sure. I hope you don't have it I don't want anyone to go through the pain and humiliation I'm going through. I only hope I will get the courage to confront this heartless b*****d.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.