Genital Herpes without any blisters?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone getting gential herpes and never getting an O.B? Reason for me asking is that I have had a continous tingling/ crawling sensation in my genital area (penis, scrotum, but cheeks and anus) for 4 years. They are always there and they worsen at night. I have never had a blister or ulcer down there and I am stumped and so are my doctors as to what it could be. It all began immediately after an unprotected sexual encounter. I have been tested (blood test) for herpes and I came back hsv1 positive but I expected that as I have had coldsores since a young kid. Reasons for me thinking it is herpes is because it has not gone away after all these years and the only people who describe the same symptoms as me are people with genital herpes. Anyone with info on this would be of great help!!!!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

And by the way you need to RETEST ! Igm means nothing you should never go by that even a doctor will tell you only igg can tell you for sure if you have it! I would go back and test again in a few weeks to be sure. I hope you don't have it I don't want anyone to go through the pain and humiliation I'm going through. I only hope I will get the courage to confront this heartless b*****d.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.